Looking for some more Power

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Moc5Mazda

Looking for some more Power

Post by Moc5Mazda »

I have been trying to get a little more power out of my car. Its a 1.6 SOHC. I have already did a tranny swap with the 323 and did a MAS swap with the RX-7. Alittle more info on the car it has NGk plugs and Wires and a 2.25 Exaust system. I have ran octan booster in it as well. I'm really just looking to give the car a little more power. I've read that many of you guys have done Fuel pump swaps and Injector swaps. I am plain on doing that but I would like to see the to see the car accelerate better. Is there any one out there that could help me get it to perform alittle better. Also don't say turbo because I have already started to get peaces for that. Also my last question is there a altinator out ther that I could swap to get a little better Amps out? Hope you guys can help.
jamario

Re: Looking for some more Power

Post by jamario »

You could have your flywheel shaved to lighten it up. I think you can put a GS alternator into the RS. Do a search on it
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

You mentioned you swapped your MAS, but you didn't say anything about cold air intake. I would do that if you haven't. Makes a big difference.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
pulse101

Post by pulse101 »

buy my underdrive pulley... i have it listed on the for sale section... that'll add some power, but won't help your alternator issue.....
1992 White MX3 1.6l SOHC
- For Sale - 105,000 miles / 3,000 miles on engine
- Original B6 Bored 2 Over
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
- Short Shifter
- Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
- KYB GR-2 Shocks/Struts
- Steel Braided Front Brake Lines
- Reverse indiglo gauges and carbon fiber trim
- Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
- 17" Sumitomo Tires on Anthracite/Chrome Loco Wheels
keetonFXY