wires/plugs :mad:

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3chicago

wires/plugs :mad:

Post by MX3chicago »

yeah hey i just baught bosch plugs i put them in n used bosch wires i start the car it makes a brrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr and then pick's up the idle->2,000rpm it makes a farm tractor sound what the problem i put the ngk's back with the ngk wirs and it still does it but it never did it till i switched the plugs to bosch i guess mazda really sucks with theyr engines well we are ford (found on road dead) :mad:
guyaverage

Re: wires/plugs :mad:

Post by guyaverage »

I'll be the brave one to reply to this 84 word 1 sentence paragraph...Why are you bashing Mazda engines? You said yourself it didnt start doing it until YOU switched the plugs to Bosch, so the problem started with either YOU or BOSCH. Noting that your idle is bad and the "brrrr brrr brrr" sound, my guess is that you either: A. cracked the head or stripped the plug threads by severely overtorquing the plugs, resulting in an air leak; or more likely B. connected the wrong wires to the wrong plugs (never take off more than one wire at a time); or quite possibly C. diqued something else up in the process. Check your plug gaps, make sure you connected the right wires on the distributor to the right plugs, and maybe also check your timing (maybe your distributor was loose). Or trade in the Mx3 on a nice shiny Chevy Cavalier with a GM engine.(I'm NOT bashing GM here, I would just think the last place you want to bash a Mazda engine would be on an Mx3 forum....Dont work on your car, mess it up, then blame the people who last touched it when they built it 9 years ago!)
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
ryanlindenberg

Re: wires/plugs :mad:

Post by ryanlindenberg »

preach it brotha!!! :D
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”