mazda mx-3 help please

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
azmtbkr81

Re: mazda mx-3 help please

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I agree, go with intake and exhaust first. As far as putting just a filter on it isn't a terrible idea, you won't notice a huge gain but most likely a small one not because you are sucking in cold air but because it can suck in more air; it is less restrictive. If you have a good enough intake and exhaust it can create a vaccuum effect and give you some pretty nice gains in the neighborhood of 15 hp. <p>You have to be careful, don't buy anything off of e-bay espcially little fans that go in your intake or magic computer boxes that claim to give you 20hp for like 20 bucks. They sound too good to be true and they are. I made the mistake of buying a strut tower bar off of ebay and it didn't fit worth sh*t. <p>Some other things you might try for small gains include synthetic oil, HyperGround Ground wires, if you have the SOHC you can get the MAF from a second gen RX-7. <p>The biggest gain for the cash is nitrous, if you have $1000 to blow and you want the biggest gains with the least hassle get an intake, exhaust, and nitrous.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Some other things you might try for small gains include synthetic oil, HyperGround Ground wires, if you have the SOHC you can get the MAF from a second gen RX-7 <hr></blockquote><p>have u tried using that hyperground? i wonder if u can notice anything when u accelerate.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I haven't tried it personally but I've seen reviews on it on a few different cars and the smallest gain that any of the cars realized was 5 hp, which was on a Suzuki Aerio with like 120hp. I plan to get a set when I get a little more cash, they are only like $100.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

pcv vaulves working are a good thing.. with the gases ventalated from the system the rings get a better seal. <p>Just droppin on a cone really isnt gonna net gains fabricating a intake will.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
CuTgUnZ

Post by CuTgUnZ »

aight well thanks guys..ill be looking into these things
Knuckle crack da bone, 21 to win

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”