Using a glas-pac as a res...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx-3 12acer

Using a glas-pac as a res...

Post by mx-3 12acer »

Ok, i know this has been done... i was just wondering how long of a glass pac i should get? 12"? 18"? Currently i have a Magna Flow exhaust with out res, and i would like to decrease the sound just a *little* not too much. I heard this was a great way to do it. Please post in detail since i am pretty new at the whole exhaust systems work. Also, can i do anything to the cats to make them allow more air to pass through with out being to far from the law?..hehe thanks. :cool:
Freq2002

Re: Using a glas-pac as a res...

Post by Freq2002 »

I've done it with a Magnaflow muff. I used a 24" long 2" cherry bomb. It sounded tight too. Nice deep tone, none of the buzz you can get at higher RPM's, & nothing at all like the common fart cans. Best part is you dont feel like your in a Cesna at highway speeds. Still loud, but not LOUD, yanno?
While you're under there, do you have a flex joint in the sytem? Definately recomend it if you dont. A 2" joint between the down pipe & the cat will keep ya from cracking pipes. Been there, it sucked.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”