Fan issue

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Aaron MacDougall

Fan issue

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

Sold my car but an ongoing issue I've had for the past while still isn't resolved and i wouldn't mind giving the guy who bought the car some info on fixing it. <p>Problem is that my fan will not turn on when my car heats up...<p>In the last year i have replaced the thermostat, Temp sensor on the block, Fan assembly and electric motor. If i hook up the fan manually it works like a charm but it will not turn on when the car heats up at all. Any info would be greatly appreciated and will be passed on to my babys new owner.
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Re: Fan issue

Post by BoOdOg »

Aaron I had same issue, it has been fixed. However not by me, I will ask my friend that fix it exactly what he did for you
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

take apart the plug and see if it;s all rusted mine was so i just got a little file and got it to the metal again and it works fint
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

The fan in my GS never turns on at all, but the engine stays nice and cool. Maybe its not a problem...Does ur temp. gauge go above halfway up?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
MX3chicago

Post by MX3chicago »

i made it easyer then all u did I unpluged the harnes which is by the fan got 4 MALE connector plug thingys ----(((( and stuck it in ran wires to the interior of my car n one to the ground and made 2 switch's in my ****pit so i turn them on any time i want to i reversed one so it blows the hott air out the one closest to the exhaust manifold is reversed so it sucks the air OUT thats what i did n my car runs cool so then boost's power a lil bit
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

lol....
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

I had the fan wired to a switch for a while now but the new owner would like it resolved. I was told by Mazda that the mx-3 would have to temp sensors, one in the block by the thermostat housing and one in the rad. and the one in the block has been replaced. If i did't switch on my fan manually it would heat up over the half way mark.
vegetoking

Post by vegetoking »

did u ever fix this problem?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

am having the same problem replaced the themastat flush out the cooling system all new antifreeze. my temp guage still goes up and down when i nail it an no fan power. probly the sencer pissing me off.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”