What did I do wrong??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
type R freak

What did I do wrong??

Post by type R freak »

Yesterday I bought a valve cover gasket and the dist "O" ring. I installed both. Very easy. I turned on the MX3 and my CEL came on. I jumped the connector and getting a 03 code "G" camshaft position sensor. I checked all of the connections, and everything is fine. WTF??? I reset the ECU and I got nothing! same code!<p>Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance<p>[Read the rules before posting]<p>[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
boostedmx

Re: What did I do wrong??

Post by boostedmx »

check all the connectors, the sensor that they are speaking of is in the distributor. and if that comes up empty then youll have to relace it
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
type R freak

Post by type R freak »

Well that would suck if I have to replace the distributor. I shoulda left it alone. It wasnt even leaking oil from the "O" ring. I figured why not change it. Kicking myself in the *** .<p>
BTW, I just remembered that when I took off the rotor, I unscrewed a gold colored screw from the shaft that the rotor sits on. Then I spinned the metal part. Maybe that's what I F'ed up when I spined it. I now remember that I screwed it tight again and did not put that metal back on its original position that it was before I spined it. HMMMM??? time to take it apart again..<p>Watcha think??
type R freak

Post by type R freak »

Ha! I fixed it.
<p>Yes it was that star looking metal spinning thing that was put wrong. Behind that is a smaller spinni metal thing. They werent matching up with the groove. I put them on right, put back the cap and rotor, turned on the car after resetting the ecu, and BLAMO!! No check engine light!!<p>
Thanks guys!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”