Swaping stock Mass sensor for mitsubishi Eclispe mass se

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jap

Swaping stock Mass sensor for mitsubishi Eclispe mass se

Post by jap »

I am planning to swap my 1993 sohc MX3 mass sensor for a 1990 Mitsubishi eclipse mass sensor. The mx3 mass sensor has 7wires. I need to know which color is the intake temperature wire,the airflow sensor wire and the barometer sensor wire. For the other wires,which should be the control relay wire,the sensor ground wire and the power wire, which color is for what? Basically I'm asking you guys for each wire's Title and it;s color. <p>Here are the wire's color for the mx3 mass sensor <p>1.Red-green
2.Red
3.Black-brown
4.Lt green-Red
5.Black-green
6.Black
7.Lt green
jonathanj

Re: Swaping stock Mass sensor for mitsubishi Eclispe mass se

Post by jonathanj »

hey, congrats on the fist post. but unfortunatly that mitsubishi part wont work. the reason is because it measures airflow through karmen (or hertz).
jap

Post by jap »

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure i can make it work. I just need someone to answer my questions. I'm well experienced with wiring and modifing cars. I just haven't collected all the wiring schematic and diagrams to my mx3 because I'm new to the mazda world. All my past work have been Honda's and mitsubishi's.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

what would be the benefit of doing this? Just curious.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

he might just be trying to find a less restrictive sensor..<p>maybe we should tell him about the rx-7 swap that will just go straight in
:roll:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

no....lets not.....
there is always the faq files, search, the wiring diagram in the online manuel, hmmmm the egroups....Oh & the other links in the main part of the web site
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
jap

Post by jap »

I already know about the rx7 mass sensor swap. You idiots don't know anything about cars. Don't reply if you don't know the answer to my question please. The mx3 has a piece of sh#$ for a sensor and its so damn big. If you have any idea about electronics you would know that anything is possible.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

then explain to me how your wiring "experience" is going to take a totally different signal(karman) and translate it into something the ecu can read(flapper-door).<p>on a side note, don't get an attitude because you get an answer you don't want to hear. there's no way that ANYONE could have known you already knew about the rx7 maf. lighten up or you'll be on your own. :shrug:<p>[ March 13, 2003: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</p>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

can you explain why...the maf on the mx-3 is sh&tty
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jap:
I already know about the rx7 mass sensor swap. You idiots don't know anything about cars. Don't reply if you don't know the answer to my question please. The mx3 has a piece of sh#$ for a sensor and its so damn big. If you have any idea about electronics you would know that anything is possible.<hr></blockquote><p>I'll say this. If you continue to act this way towards members. I will ban you, Period.
It will NOT work. the MAF sends codes to the ECU. If it doesa not recieve these codes, the engine will not start.<p>Nw the MX-3 does have mitsumishi electronics on it for the most part, BUT, unless your MAF doesnt give the same codes it will not work. Maybe if the ECU was reprogrammed, but u wont find anyone who will do that for what your trying to do.<p>[ March 13, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”