1.6l SOHC whats the best thing to do for power?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
shogokuma

1.6l SOHC whats the best thing to do for power?

Post by shogokuma »

what should i buy first ? intake ? muffler? what gives more horse camshaft? hummm if someone knows tell me please.
zoom zoom 1.6L SOHC. hummm it's knocking :( but its gething fixed.
tk1138

Re: 1.6l SOHC whats the best thing to do for power?

Post by tk1138 »

If it's knocking like it says in your sig., then switch up to premium gas. An exsaust will help with knocking, where as an intake will increase the knocking. New cams will run you a pretty penny & won't give a whole lot more power without some other mods as well.
Just one of the many tech links from the main site and the v6 faqs have some good theory as well.<p>good luck
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

a lot of people on here will say to swap the motor...and after a while of resisting, i'm giving in. a b6t swap in the SOHC is easy, no wiring involved, just gotta cut a hole in the hood to get it to fit. depending on where you live, you can get these motors for fairly cheap from either www.corksport.com (located in oregon) or from www.noyanusa.com (located in VA) those are the only 2 i know of.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

want to make your SOHC really fast?? Hook it up behind a ford lightning and let 'em tow ya.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”