Major C.V joint problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Colin

Major C.V joint problem

Post by Colin »

i needed to replace my cv jont and i got it out. i got it all excpct the tranny side tripod end, it wont come out. someone please help me on removing it.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Major C.V joint problem

Post by cjthor »

PULL!!!! Sometimes the tranny side gets stuck. I had to wedge a screwdriver inbetween the two..BUT BE CAREFUL. You dont want to crack the tranny housing.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

I think my CV joints are getting ready to go, whenever a make a sharp turn and the car is in gear it makes a nasty loud clicking noise. The fast i accelerate the louder the noise, it cuts off when i press in the clutch though. sounds kinda like when i put baseball cards inbetween my bicycle spokes when i was little =). So does that sound like a CV joint problem to you guys?<p>[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: bakedyeti ]
Colin

Post by Colin »

I cracked the boot on the cv joint and all the grease leaked out, and i drove it like that for to long snapping it. it only makes a noise when you turn going relativly slow. i cant get the tripode out of the tranny side.<P><BR>colin :D
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakedyeti:<BR><STRONG>I think my CV joints are getting ready to go, whenever a make a sharp turn and the car is in gear it makes a nasty loud clicking noise. The fast i accelerate the louder the noise, it cuts off when i press in the clutch though. sounds kinda like when i put baseball cards inbetween my bicycle spokes when i was little =). So does that sound like a CV joint problem to you guys?<P>[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: bakedyeti ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Look at the boots!! This will probably tell you. If they have the slightest rip in them they are prolly bad.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

yup the boots are torn, both of them to =(. i hope it's not to expensive get fixed. oh yeah cjthor ive been trying to msg you about the CF hoods. now that i put my car back on the road i wanna get her all fixed up and i need a new hood. you can email me at bakedyeti@yahoo.com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”