Is this a good deal for a Catback?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
azmtbkr81

Is this a good deal for a Catback?

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I've been shopping around for a good deal on a catback exhaust and here is the best I have seen:<P>MagnaFlow stainless steel 6in diameter muffler w/ my choice of tip design<P>2.25in piping from the cat back. <P>grand total: $310<P>Is this comprable to what you guys have paid or seen?<P>Thanks
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: Is this a good deal for a Catback?

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

SIX INCH TIP...<BR>is that even possible?<P>do <B>not</B> get a 6 inch tip, my 4 inch tip is too big... 2.25" piping is what you need tho, and 130 isnt bad..
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
dropitlikeitshot

Post by dropitlikeitshot »

i got my cat-back done for 90 bucks and i got the muffler for 150. total was about 240. Check my site out to see how it came out!
Hot damn its a new day!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nappyforawhile(Updated)
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

The diameter of the can part of the muffler is 6in, the tip is only like 2in diameter. 6 in tip, damn-that would be way ricey! :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Thats not a bad deal.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
93' blackmx3

Post by 93' blackmx3 »

Go to nopi.com they have a full catback with muffler for like $170
jamario

Post by jamario »

Go to J.C. whitney.com they got catbacks for $159 that's including shipping.
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

and they rust out in 6 months
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I have the Pacesetter exhaust that you guys are talking about and I have had it for about 8 months now and no problems at all. No rust or anything. It's not a loud system though, so if you are looking to get a race car sound out of your exhaust this is not the one.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i've had my pacesetter for over 2 years with no probs. This guy is in Arizona, there wont be much of a problem with rust
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Does that monza system here.. http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=34088&BQ=jcw2&_requestid=63632 does that work for the 4 cylinder? Notice it says years 92-93... hmm... Anyone have one on a 94-95? This is a good price! Anyone know if it also comes with a high flow cat or anything?
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

Good question, and I wish I would have asked that before I put mine on. Will it work? Yes and no. What I mean is that yes it will work, because I made it work on mine. But it's not a straight bolt on like it should be. For some reason Mazda decided to change the orientation of the joint that you would bolt this thing onto in 94. So that is why there is a year limitation. To get past this you could have the people that are putting it on for you cut off the flange and turn it, and then re-weld it. Or, you could do like I did, and just pull the stock half of the exhaust to the side some until it lines up and then bolt it. The problem with that is that the joint now touches the bottom of the car! I put a big leather pad in between the bottom of the car and the joint so that it's not metal on metal contact, and that fixes it 80% of the way. Sometimes you can still hear it though at certain resonate frequencies of the car. So there you go. Why Mazda decided to change that is beyond me, seems pretty stupid. Oh well. For the price (which is less than half of the competing systems) it seems pretty good.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Why is a easy question to answer.. 94 was when the 4cyl got a DOHC motor from the SOHC. Diffrent motor.. diffrent design.. simple enough.<p>and personally i would got with a 2in exsaust 2.25 is to big.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

Sure the motor is a different design, but they could have kept the interface at the catalytic converter the same. That is just a piece of flat metal with two screw holes in it, it doesn't depend on what kind of engine you have. Seems to me that Mazda wasn't thinking about people replacing the exhaust. Oh well.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Thanks for the help guys but this is a way old topic, I got my catback put on like 6 months ago. I ended up going with the Magnaflow and 2 inch catback piping and it costed me $275. :shrug:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”