Which Civic intake fits? be specific!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
serggio99

Which Civic intake fits? be specific!

Post by serggio99 »

ok. i hear that "all" civic intakes fit, but I needa now SPECIFICALLY, which model (year), company works the best! I also wanna know if it comes with the mandrel piping. plz gimmie an answer. thx :mad:
Mazda 0wnz j00!
marshmallow15

Re: Which Civic intake fits? be specific!

Post by marshmallow15 »

92-00 civic intake tubes of 94-00 integra tubes. they jus have to be made shorter. im guessing it doesnt matter which model because the packaging said all models.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

tru i went to pep boyz 2day i saw a 94-?? civic tube i pulled it out it looked like it will fit perfect! dint buy it cuz it was 80$ with filter too much ill go to honda village(my town) and buy the same one but hella cheaper! trust me i will post pics b4 and after engine dress up.
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
serggio99

Post by serggio99 »

Made shorter??? :roll: Any of them fit str8t out the b0x? where would i get it cut. Also, the Company name would be nice and a Brand Name would also be nice. i dont get this 94-00 Civic. Is that what it says on the b0x? someone help me here!
Mazda 0wnz j00!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

go to autozone its the only tube they sell there....you can easily cut it if you have some type of saw. the brand that i have is spectre. any other brand will work as long as you pay attention to the year of the civic which is most likely going to be 92-00...the popular years.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx-3 12acer

Post by mx-3 12acer »

I already have a CAI from my MAF to the intake, but would it be better if I got a metal tube from the tb to the maf? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

No, the lower heat conductance of plastic is better for keeping the air cool. A SMOOTH plastic/fiber glass/etc. tube from MAF to TB would be best though.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
serggio99

Post by serggio99 »

um...is there anything wrong with using a metal pipe? are there any that are made with better heat resistant materials for hondas? plz help me here. I also appreciate the clarification on the Civic cai. Thanks folks! :p
Mazda 0wnz j00!
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

from what i'm looking at here lately, a 96-99 eclipse non-turbo intake will work great with a simple cut or two
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

all it takes is a hacksaw just go to a 99cent store and buy a hacksaw
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
ravve

Post by ravve »

hehe, silly question, but what the h*ll is an intake? what does it make? :)
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Metal conducts heat at a faster rate than most plastics, that's why it's not great. You might get a little improvement in flow at high speed, & you might lose a little power at low speed. Both are probably negligable.<P>ravve: A CAI=Cold Air Intake takes cool air from near the ground, and routs it to the filter/MAF. A RAM intake uses the relative velocity of the iar at the front of the vehicle to increase flow to the filter/MAF. An intake may refer to either of these, or to the setup of the intake components, or to the piping in between them. Here we're reffering to the tube between the MAF and the TB.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

im thinking of ceramic-coating my polished aluminum intake. i also saw some c/f intake tubes for civics which cost 79. maybe its not the real thing though huh?
- team slideways
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

It's a simple enough shape to do so it could be real CF. I don't know the thermal conductance of CF, but I bet fiberglass/polyester resin is lower.<P>Unless you're gonna do the coolant bypass mod & some phenolic spacers though, your probably better off doing the ceramic on your exhaust.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tk1138:<BR><STRONG>It's a simple enough shape to do so it could be real CF. I don't know the thermal conductance of CF, but I bet fiberglass/polyester resin is lower.<P>Unless you're gonna do the coolant bypass mod & some phenolic spacers though, your probably better off doing the ceramic on your exhaust.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>CF conductance? Got a CF can on my Ninja and you can pretty much put your hand on it after a hard run and its hot but not flamin hot.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”