low budget swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
claude

low budget swap

Post by claude »

I only want to swap my engine cause it's getting to 200 000KM and I would need a little more power. Don't want to change everything or I'll change the car but would prefer not because I LOVE it. I have a 93RS. Does the 1.8 1999 protege(FP-DE) or 1.8 1995 protege (BP-DE) fit?
maldo

Re: low budget swap

Post by maldo »

Check the 4 cyl faqs for info on the B series swaps.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

claude,<BR>to answer your <B>question</B> i do not believe t***se motors are easily swaped into your car. You COULD search the faq but my answer to ya question is no. :D
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

there really isn't a good solution for a low budget swap, if you want a swap make sure it's done right. if you mess up a swap then youll end up spending more to fix it then you would have to do the swap right, just be carful no matter what you do.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

umm why did it black out part of my word? is it a bad word?? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
claude

Post by claude »

ok so what are the choices? I'm completely lost...
maldo

Post by maldo »

Ummm, did you check the 4cyl FAQs yet?<P>Your looking for B6T or BP, BPT, BP-DE, etc.
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Your info indicates you own a GS. If that's the case check the V6 forums for k8 & klze. For the RS, the b6t swap looks to be easier since you don't have as many drive train components to change.<P>A rebuilt engine, might be another option if you don't want to cahnge too much stuff. Get some head work and/or higher CR pistons.... there's a lot of options.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
claude

Post by claude »

if only I had the V6... that's what I would want a 130HP engine... my problem is I have a new paint, new windshield and new front lights. My engine has 200 000Km on so I think it will not support another 100 000 so I want to change but doiesn't want to spend a lot on a car that's worth 4000$ CAD... Either I change ot or I spend just a bit and keep it another 2 years or so.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

you could swap out a briggs and straton 19 HP engine from your fathers lawn mower.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
claude

Post by claude »

Or I could put things like you did like the stereo and headlight covers and imagine it goes faster...??? good joke.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

HHmmm im not sure if that was suppose to be negative or not...could go either way....but if it was negative then i can almost bet your car is pretty ****ty cuz you are trying to bash mine to make yourself feel better about your own car. I dont imagine my 700 watt stereo makes my car faster, and i dont imagine my headlight covers make me go faster...but i do know this, they make my car look and sound better than yours. thanks ;)
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

BP-DE? Does this engine come from the protege? Is it turbocharged? Is it anything like the BPT? Theres nothing about the BPDE in the 4cyl-faq. By the way if you want a bpt for real cheap you should just search the internet. You will find plenty of BPT for around 400-700 US Dollars. Some of them come with pretty good warranties.
Manach

Post by Manach »

<A HREF="http://web2.airmail.net/emann/protegefaq/" TARGET=_blank>http://web2.airmail.net/emann/protegefaq/</A> <P>Bp-DE is the N/A engine. We can call them BPD<P><BR>Bp-ZeT is the turbo one. We can call them BPT
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
claude

Post by claude »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> By the way if you want a bpt for real cheap you should just search the internet. You will find plenty of BPT for around 400-700 US Dollars. Some of them come with pretty good warranties.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>you have any place to suggest...?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”