Corksport muffler

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Corksport muffler

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-k:<BR><STRONG>I know this question was asked before but I can't find it and I dont remember what was said about it. What I was wondering is if the muffler corksport sells (their own brand one) is any good? I dont really care about the 2 or 3 hp a good brand name muffler might get me. All I need is something that sounds mean and isn't gonna hinder the performance of the car.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> It's pretty loud. I think its just one of those flo thru fart mufflers. Saw one at the bar be que that the had and thats what it looks like.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-k:<BR><STRONG>Hmm... well its cheap a-- hell, i might as well give it a shot. What about the hurricane headers they sell? Are they worth it or should I not even bother to waste my money?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I have seen their headers. They are a nice design. If I wasnt going with a Turbo i would buy one.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
jeff

Post by jeff »

Why not just save up for either a B6T or BPT swap? what are you goals for the engine ?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-k:<BR><STRONG>Oh yea... if i want a turbo i need a new header anyways right? See thats what i wanted to do this winter get my car ready for a turbo project... so i guess the hurricane header would be a waste of time. If i get my whole exhaust system done will it fit on to the manifold that corksport sells or will I have to do it all over again later? Cuz I want to get my exhaust done from the header back and take out the cat (they dont give a damn about emissions here in alberta) should i just hold off on this and just get the muffler and my fuel delivery system ready then?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Hold off. Cuz you are gonna have to change the diameter of the piping when you get the turbo anyways.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”