Question about Rims?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Jarod

Question about Rims?

Post by Jarod »

What size of rims can fit on the mx-3 comfortably? If i'm not mistaken, they have 14" right? Can you people tell me what you have for size and if you like the look of a bigger rim on the car. I want to get 16" Momo rims.<P>Also, i want to know if anyone installed a custom turbo on their RS DOHC and if they noticed extreme gains in HP?<P>Thnks everyone.<P>Jarod<BR>94 MX-3 DOHC<BR>mods: centreforce dual friction clutch (so far)
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Question about Rims?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

16's will fit comfortably, 17's will work with the right offset.<P>As for your question about turbos, the general concensus on the board is to swap in a b6t or bpt engine instead of customizing a turbo for your DOHC. Use the search function, keywords: b6t, bpt. You can even use the FAQ information provided.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
acid_mx3

Post by acid_mx3 »

I have 17's on my Car and they fit no problem<P>and man they make the hugest difference in styling looks.
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

I've got 17's, they fit easy.<BR>There are some people lurking on this site that have 18's also.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

i have 17 x7.5, fits and rides just wonderful. One problem...slows u down. Especially since mine are chrome..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”