Mazda releasing NEW MX-3, called the "Mazda 3"

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pelado

Re: Mazda releasing NEW MX-3, called the "Mazda 3"

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG>no man its MAZDA that bought ford and those rangers are built on mazda powerplants thats what i know for sure</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Not true, Ford owns more than 50% of Mazda. Think about it, how could Mazda buy one of the largest (if not the largest) auto companies in the world?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG><BR>Not true, Ford owns more than 50% of Mazda. Think about it, how could Mazda buy one of the largest (if not the largest) auto companies in the world?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought Ford owned only about 30% of Mazda.
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mananamx3er:<BR><STRONG>i didnt mean specifically "wagons" i meant family cars in general, like the rx-8, sure its a descendant of the rx-7, and it goes fast, yadda yadda yadda, but its now....4 door, the nissan maxima has 240-250 hp whatever, its 4 door, and its a family sedan, they should keep sports cars 2 doors like they're supposed to be and family cars 4 door like they're supposed to be, just IMO, but whatever. and the rx-8 should be turbocharged too...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have to agree with you. Like the Mazdaspeed.. I would buy it...if it was a 2 door. I don't need 4 doors... Im not one to pile friends in my car and go racing. I assume its suited for the younger crowd.. maybe its just me.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

It seems the platform for this car is going to be based off of a (volvo,ford,mazda) p1 platform.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.volvospy.com/spy/s40v50/s40v50.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.volvospy.com/spy/s40v50/s40v50.php</A> <P>Looks like its gonna have a god variety of motors to swap around as well.. <P><BR>"The P1 cars will have the following engines: <P>All front wheel drive: <P>1.8 ltr. 4-cyl ?? hp <BR>2.0 ltr 4-cyl. Common-Rail Turbo-Diesel ?? hp <BR>2.4 ltr 5-cyl petrol engine, non-turbo, 140 hp <BR>2.4 ltr 5-cyl. petrol-engine, non-turbo, 170 hp <BR>2.4 ltr 5-cyl turbo, 200 hp only with AWD! <BR>2.4 ltr. 4-cyl Common-Rail Diesel (D5), 163 hp <BR>The smaller engines will be available with a CVT automatic. Most others with 5 speed manual and 5 speed automatic. <BR>"
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mananamx3er:<BR><STRONG>i didnt mean specifically "wagons" i meant family cars in general, like the rx-8, sure its a descendant of the rx-7, and it goes fast, yadda yadda yadda, but its now....4 door, the nissan maxima has 240-250 hp whatever, its 4 door, and its a family sedan, they should keep sports cars 2 doors like they're supposed to be and family cars 4 door like they're supposed to be, just IMO, but whatever. and the rx-8 should be turbocharged too...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Obviously he doesn't have any worries, like putting a kid in the back seat of his MX-3 where a RX-8 would be the ideal sports car for the everyday family man. And considering that the rear door acts as the center beam, it's just that much more easier for adults to climb in and out to put the rug rats back there. But that's just my 2 cents.
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”