B6T

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
powerman_5000

B6T

Post by powerman_5000 »

I was wondering if the what car did the B6T come from? Any US Spec cars?
maldo

Re: B6T

Post by maldo »

Do a search for B6T
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

The search didn't help at all. All I want to know s if the b6t came in any us spec cars?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

kinda hard to search for a topic like this... give him a break<P>I believe the b6t came from the 323 GTX (perhaps GTR). In either event check hollywood imports down in VA beach they tend to have plenty of the engines in stock. Tell mike sonic said whats up :D
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
maldo

Post by maldo »

Geez, that's funny, I remember posting this info many times. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>There were never any GTR model 323s available in NA. You are looking for '88-89 323 GT/GTX, '90-94 Mercury Capri (only available in US, not Canada). These are the same years that you should be looking for around the globe if you are interested in importing. '90-94 GTX models in Japan came with the BP variation. <P>There you go.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

I know your probably gonna say do a search, but what people post is way different from other people. So heres the question, what other major parts are required in order to swap in the b6t?
maldo

Post by maldo »

Check my site in my signature..not much different for the dohc swap. And yes, do a search.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

I checked you site and read some of the stuff. I think there's more to it though.
renef

Post by renef »

Yes, there's much more to it. Like:<P>1 - You have to remove the engine you have.<P>2 - You need to change all of the gaskets on the replacement engine. They're probably as dry as a fart by now.<P>3 - You should possibly have the turbo re-built<P>4 - You need to come up with an intercooler<P>5 - You need a fuel pump from an RX7<P>6 - You need a boost gauge and EGT gauge and Air-Fuel gauge<P>7 - You need a Protege LX trasmission (I'm guessing this may not be correct)<P>8 - You need synthetic oil, coolant, gear oil, brake fluid<P>9 - I think you should upgrade the brakes. At least change to slotted rotors.<P>10 - Lastly, you need a safe place to do it.<P><BR>...you need to muster up the courage to do major surgery on your baby. Your loyal companion. Look her in the face and tell her it's gonna be all right and that it won't hurt one bit. :(<P>Go for it.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
maldo

Post by maldo »

That has to be the biggest line of crap I have heard. There is not more to it. Read my site, better yet check the 4cyl FAQ, I posted 4 pages worth of info for you and anyone else looking into this swap. All those parts renef just listed are noted on my site and in the Faq. It is documented in both locations what is needed.<P>Powerman 5000- what else were you looking for? Me to do the swap for you? Not much else I can provide you with unless you tell me exactly what you need.<P>Renef- WTF!? remove the engine? no doubt.<p>[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: maldo ]
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Why do you have to be a smart a--?! You listed some parts to do the swap, but I do believe there should be more parts to that list. And to anwser your smart a-- question,<BR>if you want to buy the engine and all the parts needed, go for it.
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

i think that list above is funny though.....especially "remove the engine" lol :D<p>[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Kit996 ]
maldo

Post by maldo »

Smart A--? No, I just take offense to the suggestion that all the research that I have done and provided for all the members on here is incomplete. If you can't figure out that you need oil and coolant for that new motor, you shouldn't be doing the swap yourself. It is very simple, of course you need fluids, might be a good idea to put new plugs in, change the rotor, etc. This is all general maintenance that you should be doing with your current motor. Doing this to your new one is just a given, I don't need to tell you that.<P>Tell me, what components from that list do you feel that I am missing?? I would be more than happy to add it if it is really needed. I do mean components, not oil, coolant, belts, etc. IF it is in regards to the components of a turbo system, go get "Maximum Boost" like I already suggested. Do some research on your own before you chop apart others. And some of you wonder why not all of us are quite willing to give up our info so quickly. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by renef:<BR><STRONG>Yes, there's much more to it. Like:<P>1 - You have to remove the engine you have.<BR>(Duh!)<BR>2 - You need to change all of the gaskets on the replacement engine. They're probably as dry as a fart by now.<BR>(not neccessarily, it depends on the age of the motor and howlong it has sat there)<P>3 - You should possibly have the turbo re-built (depends on the condition of the engine)<BR>4 - You need to come up with an intercooler<BR>(its a turbo system, yes)<P>5 - You need a fuel pump from an RX7<BR>(this I am unsure of)<P>6 - You need a boost gauge and EGT gauge and Air-Fuel gauge<BR>(optional)<P>7 - You need a Protege LX trasmission (I'm guessing this may not be correct)<BR>(this is a 1.6L, it will work with the MX tranny, I believe the LX is for the 1.8L BPT swap)<P>8 - You need synthetic oil, coolant, gear oil, brake fluid.<BR>(Oil type is your choice, others are a Gimme, you pulling the engine out of your car.but its nice to know ths in advance if your plaiing your budget)<P>9 - I think you should upgrade the brakes. At least change to slotted rotors. <BR>(why? Swapping a motor has nothing to do with stopping faster)<P>10 - Lastly, you need a safe place to do it.<BR>...you need to muster up the courage to do major surgery on your baby. Your loyal companion. Look her in the face and tell her it's gonna be all right and that it won't hurt one bit. :(<BR>Go for it.<BR>(This I agree with)<BR>RF</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Everybody that tinker's with cars should know that you have to change all the fluids, belts, gaskets, and so on. I think some of the stuff in the optional part section should be moved up into the mandatory part section(Protege Trans, Bigger fuel pump, bigger exhaust piping, new clutch, upgraded ignition, stiffer motor mounts, and upgraded ecu). I believe those parts are vital parts in making the enigne swap successful.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”