straight pipe

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
powerman_5000

straight pipe

Post by powerman_5000 »

I was wondering how do I get a straight pipe to replace my cat for when i'm at the track. I called up a muffler shop to see if they could make one for me, but refused to make one for me. Some people I know have straight pipes replacing there cat, but I haven't got a chance to ask them where they got it done.
Tman

Re: straight pipe

Post by Tman »

You get them done at a muffler shop. Why did they refuse to do it? Even if it is illegal for emissions, they shouldn't refuse to do it. It is not illegal for the shop to do it for you.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

They told me it was illegal. I don't think they understood me when I said I was going to use it for track racing.
Tman

Post by Tman »

I would try taking it to another muffler shop. Maybe a custom shop, not a mineke. There aren't any imports around there with straight pipes and no cats???
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

all shops have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.<P>however i feel its weird that they refused, but im guessing they thought you were going to use it for daily driving. they probably misunderstood you.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

maybe you should mention for them to just make one and not install it hey its money in there pocket i see no reason for them to refuse!!! :)
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

The problem was probably that you asked them for it over the phone. If you asked them in person they would probably have more confidence that you're not some random government agency that's gonna cause them trouble.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

straight pipe is a waste of time on a 105 hp car ohhhh you gain a whole 5-7 hp max I'd only do it if you ve some sort of forced induction ie super turbo or n02
Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”