Govener prob.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3freakit

Govener prob.

Post by mx3freakit »

How do I take my govener off? Or do I want to?
Nothin more beautiful than the MX-3
dam2009

Re: Govener prob.

Post by dam2009 »

and what the h* is that?
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magnaflow:<BR><STRONG>How do I take my govener off? Or do I want to?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i don't think there is 1
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

ok dude...i may be wrong, but i don't think you can remove the governor..you have to replace the entire ECU....and do you really need to go over 117 MPH?
mx3freakit

Post by mx3freakit »

What stops me from red lining my car?
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

does the engine just loose power or does it feel like a cut off, like no throttle at all<BR>??? your car might be chokling itself somehow, ie airfilter? just a thought [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Do you have an automatic, and when you press the gas the tac needle bounces at 4000 RPM? <P>one
juicy j

Post by juicy j »

yeah i have a 1995 1.6L DOHC and have the same problem. My car tops out at 106 mph @ like 4700 rpm. When i am at 106 I still have like 1,800 rpm left. what the heck? any help would be greatly appreciated.<P>thanks theoyork7@cswebmail.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Um, there is no governer. Ive had my 1995 RS up to 120. (but thats when it was almost new)
mx3freakit

Post by mx3freakit »

My car is a 5-speed and it just wont let me red line it. It wont let it get too far into red line zone. It tops off at 6,250 RPM
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

There's no governor, if anything there may be a rev limiter in the ignition, but that would kick in at/above redline, not before.<BR>My '95 automatic DOHC-4 shifts right at redline goin into 2nd & 3rd unless I use the hold button, then I can go a bit further. Not pushin it tho, I dont like to walk,...<P>You may wanna look at getting it a full tune up, ignition, injector clean, etc. Sounds like the engine may be gagging itself due to not enuf fuel or bad ignition timing.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

This is a little thing called fuel cut. Im not sure exactly what causes it but my guess would be the ECU. THis is a good thing. All the computer is doing is protecting the engine from over working itself. In my car it cuts the fuel off just past the redline. I really dont think there is any reason to push a stock engine past the beginning of the redline mark. Just my opinion. Now if you get new rods and pistons, thats a different story.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3freakit

Post by mx3freakit »

Thankyou for all the info.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”