HELP!! Hard to put my mx-3 into first gear

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
littlemantke

HELP!! Hard to put my mx-3 into first gear

Post by littlemantke »

I just put a dual friction centerforce clutch in my car about a month. Just here in the past three days or so I'm having problems with being able to stick my car into first and reverse..When I finally get it into gear, the gear sets in good and hard. Please help why is it doing this? :(
Hondas are for people who don't want to be unique!!!!!
92RedMX3

Re: HELP!! Hard to put my mx-3 into first gear

Post by 92RedMX3 »

How is the petal pressure? Maybe you got air in the line
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Do you let out the clutch between turning it on and putting it into first? If not the synchros can't match the positions.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
littlemantke

Post by littlemantke »

The clutch is pushed all the way to the floor from the time I start the car untill car car is place in gear
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Start it then let off the clutch for a brief second, then put it in gear. It will go right in.
littlemantke

Post by littlemantke »

It's not just when I first start the car it even happens when I'm sitting at a red light or stop sign!!!!!
Hemer98

Post by Hemer98 »

Hey, my friend has the same problem. When he puts it into reverse the car just shoots it out of gear after like three seconds. There is a screw or some type of adjustment that needs to be made. I am not too sure what that is, but hopefully you can take my info and use it, if not then good luck to you.
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by littlemantke:<BR><STRONG>I just put a dual friction centerforce clutch in my car about a month. Just here in the past three days or so I'm having problems with being able to stick my car into first and reverse..When I finally get it into gear, the gear sets in good and hard. Please help why is it doing this? :(</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>check your clutch. is it almost worn out? how does the pedal feel? you may need to bleed the clutch line. do you ever grind it instead of find it?
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tk1138:<BR><STRONG>Do you let out the clutch between turning it on and putting it into first? If not the synchros can't match the positions.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is this true in the GS? all cars? I do this usually but didn't know it was a rule. Also, I never have the problem mentioned above.
littlemantke

Post by littlemantke »

I think I figured out my problem. A couple of transmission shop told me that we we have what they call a noservice trans mission that basically means that we can't check our trans. level. I then found out that I might have some air in my clutch line and I need to bleed it, so I did and now my clutch is fine. I also learned that our brake resevoir and our clutch resevior are the same thing which is wierd cause I've never seen that before!<p>[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: littlemantke ]
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by voltaire:<BR><STRONG><P>Is this true in the GS? all cars? I do this usually but didn't know it was a rule. Also, I never have the problem mentioned above.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>For most manuals that you can drive on the road, yes. <P>This site has a lot of good general info on it:<BR><A HREF="http://www.howstuffworks.com/transmission.htm" TARGET=_blank>How Stuff works -Transmisions</A><P>...Glad to hear you got it working.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Check your engine mounts, The guy who changed your clutch could have messed them up, or the hard shifting could have broken one. I had the same problem, It would be a Major Pain to put my car into first gear, and it turned out that my front Engine mount was Broken causing the engine and transmission to bend a-bit where they bolt together.
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”