turbo

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
??????

turbo

Post by ?????? »

hey i was wondering if i could use a turbo from a miata for my 92 mx-3 rs sohc i know there would be some work but is it possible if not what turbos would work :) cause i cant get a swap yet so turbo is next best thing
MX3RS

Re: turbo

Post by MX3RS »

almost any turbo will work, its just the rest of the system you will have to fabricate.
??????

Post by ?????? »

ok thanks i hoped it would work so i could save for my b6t or bpt swap next year :)
jeff

Post by jeff »

it would almost be cheaper for you to swap in the B6T rather then getting turbo for you car, a turbo set up will run you about 2000 bucks. and that would be in comparison to the b6t block.. if you don't have the money now for the swap then it would be worth saving up to get it done
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Yeah dude, You could even stick a Garret T4 on the sucker, but you would just have to find someone to make the manifold for it BUT you'll have to have the PSI set LOW LOW LOW but in that case, with the T4, the damn thing would probably last forever because you won't even be spooling it a quarter of it's max! but if you want to find a Turbo, go for the IHI RHB5 Turbo, YOu can find them used almost anywhere for cheap, and you can pick up the manifold at corksport for your car<P>oh wait, sorry about that, I just noticed that you have the sohc and not the DOHC and corksport only has it for the single, so yeah, you're better off getting the b6t or ther bpt engine swap.<p>[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: white94mx3 ]
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white94mx3:<BR><STRONG>Yeah dude, You could even stick a Garret T4 on the sucker, but you would just have to find someone to make the manifold for it BUT you'll have to have the PSI set LOW LOW LOW but in that case, with the T4, the damn thing would probably last forever because you won't even be spooling it a quarter of it's max! but if you want to find a Turbo, go for the IHI RHB5 Turbo, YOu can find them used almost anywhere for cheap, and you can pick up the manifold at corksport for your car<P>oh wait, sorry about that, I just noticed that you have the sohc and not the DOHC and corksport only has it for the single, so yeah, you're better off getting the b6t or ther bpt engine swap.<P>[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: white94mx3 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>what turbo do you have?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
jeff

Post by jeff »

the amount of boost depends on the condition of your engine and how many miles on it..if you were going to put a trubo on your stock engine then I wouldn't think anything over 7-8 would be a good idea
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

you need and fmu, BOV, charge piping...and alot of knowledge and spare time...just save for your swap man....
Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”