4-Cylinder to 6-Cyliner Swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Chris Robertson

4-Cylinder to 6-Cyliner Swap

Post by Chris Robertson »

I am interested if anyone know exactly what parts in addition to Vaughn's list I need to complete a 1.6L 4-Cylinder swap (95 RS model) to a 1.8L V-6 (93 GS model)or for that matter a 2.5L V-6 KL-ZE. I have a 93 GS wrecked car that I can pull anyhting I need from, so cost really isnt a problem. Time will be the only setback. I would really appreciate any help you could give me.
jeff

Re: 4-Cylinder to 6-Cyliner Swap

Post by jeff »

I have heard that the total cost for putting hte KL-ZE in would be 4300 CDN from Aspec in Toronto?? I have read that somewehre but I could be wrong?
Chris Robertson

I have gone to their website and looket at that also, the problem is getting my car there and back, because I live in chesapeake Virginia. Plus they put a used engine into it. So I am going to do the swap myself with the help of a mechanic friend but I must do the research before we go ahead.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Well either way you look at it you are going to get a used engine. the ones that they put in usually have around 30,000 on them.. which is pretty good. Doing it yourself will take some time. I have never heard anyone say that it was easy to take a 4 to the 2.5 KL-ZE it requires alot of work. I would do A LOT of research before I would ever attempt the swap
Chris Robertson

Yes I know it will be alot of work. But I really really want to do it ya know? I have been doing research and I bought the 3 books on the 3 different engines (MX-3 GS, MX-3 RS, and KL-ZE)and aslo I have a mechanic friend helping me do the techinical stuff. But since you mention it this post is basically my last hope of getting the information I need. All I really need to know basically is what to buy. I know someone who has converted a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder in a similiar swap so the conversion wont bethat hard to do just time consuming. Then the KL-ZE hypothetically will "bolt on" as if the car was a 1.8L V-6 to start with. Again thanks for your thougths and let me know if you find anything else out!
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

its called a BPT... or maybe a B6T :D
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

see if you can find a totaled 1.8 v6...<BR>then you have all the parts + most v6 were 4 2wheel disc so you can do that conversion too<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
jeff

Post by jeff »

yeah nothing beats a job that you have done yourself. I'm in the process of putting in my B6T right now. from what I have seen so far there isn't going to be much to it. anywho, good luck getting the engine in man if I do happen to come across any info I'll let you know

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”