Aluminum Spoiler question???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mzdspd

Re: Aluminum Spoiler question???

Post by mzdspd »

cheap wings that look awesome and will fit if bracket is less than 5 1/4 inches. <A HREF="http://www.procarparts.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.procarparts.com</A> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

meh...personal opinion that wings are RICE...alot would support me on that one but what ever.....my personal view is all wings look ugly....I'm not ragging on people and s--- either so...
Steve
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

The GTR wing looks nice on the MX....I like the Topmix/Erebuni or the Pakfeifer one. I think the aluminum wings and the supra wings look tacky and take away from the beauty of the MX. Im also a fan of the stock spoiler...they look pretty clean when u have a kit and everything.<P>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

pretty much the only spoiler that should go on a street car is the one it came with, if any...DEATH TO TRUNK MOUNTED BOOKSHELVES!
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

Spoilers are not rice at all. The trick is finding the right spoiler for the right kind of car and person. If your a person that wants to stick out, you need something aggressive. If your someone who wants to just look nice, get something like the stock spoiler. I must say one thing, I think the aluminum spoilers on the mx-3 are a total mismatch. They belong to ricey hondas, and I hope it stays that way. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Spoilers can look REALLY cool, or they can look REALLY gay. But remember, the whole purpose of a spoiler is so the rear wheels will get better traction, on a RWD car. Mx-3s are FWD (except Marcus A.), so it doesn't really improve performance at all.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

yea, i know the mx3 is FWD but i just want a spoiler cuz i want something different, im sick of that stupid little black piece that goes over the end..lol.. plus with a spoiler it makes the mx3 look like a mini supra :o) lol. take a look at one with the supra spoiler and see what i mean...
~Alisha
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Better traction to the bakc wheels isn't totaly moot; shorter stoping distances better cornering (a little anyway), but unless you race rally, it's almost all esthetic.<P>Of course everyone has a different sense of style (some people actually bought aztecs), so you cant ever win or settle these arguments.... Anyway: The only 'spoiler' that I've ever seen and liked, is the ones on the porsches that go up above a certan speed. <P>...huete die weld...<BR>tk1138
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The main reason that I had thought of putting a spolier on our car is because of what seems to be a lack of funds on Mazda's part (hear me out to understand why). I LOVE the MX-3 and other Mazdas and I am NOT knocking them in any way, but it just seems that the design engineers started at the front of the car and then ran out of time (or money) when they got to the back of the car. The car is so sleek and round and perfect, but when you get to the back, it looks like they did not know what to do or did not have have the time/money to continue designing it, so they just chopped it off. When you add a wing to the car (especially something like a GTR wing), it completes the cars overall sleekness. Just my opinion.<p>[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: RanMan ]
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

see thats what im talking about, the mx3 doesnt look like its completed with that little black piece.. it looks like the designers didnt finish what they started.. i agree that every other part of the car looks very sleek.. but at the back its just BLAH. thats why i think it would be nice to add a little something like a spoiler to the back, the aluminum ones might not the look the best but like the supra style ones make the back look more completed....
~Alisha

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”