Distirbutor O-ring help #2

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wainaink

Distirbutor O-ring help #2

Post by wainaink »

Thanks for the help guys. Just one more question before i attempt to change it. The mark on the distributor, how do i do it!! Do I use a pen and mark across, then align the distributor with the mark i made when am putting it back together??? messing up the timing is something i don't want. On a budget here.
white94mx3

Re: Distirbutor O-ring help #2

Post by white94mx3 »

Use a Peice of chalk (yellow or white) and mark a part of the distributer that will not change form in away way, and a part on the head that won't change form in any away, and make sure that they are lined up evenly, so that when you put it back on, you can line it back up, then tighten the bolts
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Oh yeah! and Be sure to mark the timing BEFORE you Change anything! or else you could mess it up!! Don't even put a ratchet close to a bolt before you have marked it!
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
wainaink

Post by wainaink »

Thanks guys, i'll be doing it this weekend.
wainaink

Post by wainaink »

Hey guys i just finished changing my O-ring it wasn't that bad at all. Took me less than 1 hr and i ended up changing my distributor rotor and cap while i was in there. Hope it takes cared of my leak problem. Thanks again guys!!!!!!!!!!!
wainaink

Post by wainaink »

Just! one more thing for anybody who might hsve the same problem. For the 93 mx3 1.6 4cylds, the Distributor O-ring size is; Width 1/8" , Inner Diameter 1-1/2" ,outer diameter is 1-3/4". I only paid $1.50 saving me the $50 mechanic was trying to rip me off. Thanks again.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”