Cable for Gas Cover and Trunk

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
tonymx3

Cable for Gas Cover and Trunk

Post by tonymx3 »

Hey everyone, my buddy's mx3 is starting to get old and rusty and the cable where the gas/trunk releases are is getting rusted out and although he's tried applying wd40 to slow the process down and still allow to open the hatch, he's gettin a little pissed.... <P>any ideas/solutions? what should be bought, new cable or just new levers?<P>Regards,<BR>Tony
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS<BR>TONY MX3

Re: Cable for Gas Cover and Trunk

Post by Guest »

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND WOULD LIKE HELP WITH THIS.<BR> THANKS
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

Same prob. Today i took out the piece with the levers and brought it to a shop that does sandblasting. He's gonna blast it to get rid of the rust then prime/paint it. Then i'm going to work at it a little with some wd40 before putting it back. Because he said he might not be able to get in all the spots. (you'll see what i'm talking about once you take it out).
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

Got back the piece today after the shop put penetrating oil on it, sandblasted it, primed it, works like new. They'll charge you anywhere from $7-10 canadian tax included. I don't know how much the piece is new, but i had other stuff to sandblast at the same time so i did that too.
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”