Car doesn't accel for jack...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
pikawel

Car doesn't accel for jack...

Post by pikawel »

I recently just started driving this MX-3 and, god, the first two gears are ridiculously slow starting up. I don't necessarily want to mod my car half to hell but I would appreciate a little early boost. I know very little about car parts, heh. A friend of mine told me to look up intakes on ebay and I found this:<BR> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 63&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... r=0&t=0</A> <P>It ends soon. Hell, I don't even know what it is or what it does and I really couldn't see a 10 horsepower gain off of a $30 piece of equipment. My post is quite ignorant but maybe someone can help me out :/<P>-Ash
You obviously lack the creative genius to integrate Legos and Duplos.
torpedan

Re: Car doesn't accel for jack...

Post by torpedan »

Although it is possible to get that much hp from a intake its not liekly to get that much to the wheels. Although if your interested in performance parts for your car i suggest <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> as opposed to ebay. Granted some of the parts would be pricey. But sometimes you do get what you pay for
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
gecko1650

Post by gecko1650 »

A intake basicly sucks more air into you engine, making more hp you will probly get <BR>5 to 7 hp out of it, and if you car is a <BR>92 or 93 it has 88hp so that could be your problem. To put on the intake all you do is remove the air box and put the filter on were the box was. <BR> Hope this helps
pikawel

Post by pikawel »

Of the intakes on there... any you suggest? I don't want a ridiculously noisey car, I don't know if some intakes can add more noise than others but a friend of mine told me that adding and intake would make it loud.
pikawel

Post by pikawel »

Also, I may as well add that it is a '94 model. I don't know if there is anything in particulare I should be weary of on a '94 as opposed to a '92 (which most seem to have). Just throwing that out there.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

NAh just if your ordering parts be sure you specify that you have a 94.<P>Yeah it makes it louder but i kinda like the sound.. ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

hey man check out ngk plugs and wires...then get some AMS oil or Redline for the motor and that will give you a little bit of HP's....also a cheap ractive strut bar <BR>($60 CND) will tighten up the front end and give you better handling....for the price it's a good mod...same with the plugs and wires and oil(good tune up) <BR>some other stuff for your car:<BR>a pacesetter short shifter ($80 CND)<BR>and exhaust around (500-650 CND)
Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”