Searching Advice

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Zany

Searching Advice

Post by Zany »

Ok, I have been reading alot about swaping out engines and stuff. I dont really want to do that. What I would really like to do is work on the 1.6l 4-cly I got ('93 MX-3). I look at site after site and can't find alot to do. I understand that there is not to much. But is there any type of turbo charger out there for it. Another thing i was looking at was the cold air intake, but i noticed a censor or somthing in the intake i have now. If i did get a cold air what would i do with that? ok, and now for the problems in my car. When i start the car, it almost dies every time i have to touch the gas took keep it going after about 2min it is fine but up to then it is not orking right. 2nd, i think the air compressor is about to go, i live in the south and it gets hot, and i rather not live without air. I have not been able to get a price on a new compresor anyone know how much that might set me back. Also a question on audio. Has anyone added in some extra audio that they think works nicly in there mx-3? Ok, thanks for taking time with my post, i new to the car thing (young driver) and not a very god mehcanic at all. So what ever you think weighs heavy on how i fix up this car. -Zany
OsoSlo z28

Re: Searching Advice

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you want power w/o swapping in a motor, swap heads with the 94+ dohc mx-3. get a turbo manifold and turbo from an american 323 gtx from around 88-89.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Zany

Post by Zany »

ok, heres the thing about a engine swap, can you do it without having to push the dash back and everything, that is what i dont understand. I dont care to do one (have one done by a guy i know) but i thought you would have to push the dash back. I work at a tire/mechanic shop so i could have it done but i am confussed on how i should go about it. I dont want to push the dash back. That is the 1 thing i wont to be left alone. I am also confussed on what would be the best engine for power i could put in (i thought any swap would require me to push back the dash etc.) Sorry hard for me to get my ideas out, i really dont know alot about imports other than i like them. -Zany
k2stp

Post by k2stp »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> cre8v mx3 if you want power w/o swapping in a motor, swap heads with the 94+ dohc mx-3. get a turbo manifold and turbo from an american 323 gtx from around 88-89. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how much money are you looking at here and how much labor is required. any help would be nice. thanks
I wasn't born to drive I was born to work, but I got laid off;)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”