Brake Pedal Pulsing

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Pete

Brake Pedal Pulsing

Post by Pete »

Ok, the brake pedal pulses when stepping on the brakes. I suspect the rotor is warped. Before I go out and buy just rotors, could it be anything else?<P>Pete
back alley

Re: Brake Pedal Pulsing

Post by back alley »

maybe the abs?
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

Yeah, I'd say a warped rotor.
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

most people only notice the abs if they slam on the breaks or apply brakes hard after going fast. simple stopping, you shouldn't feel it. your rotors could be misaligned(don't ask how..i just saw that written on one of those posters at a tire store) or they could be warped. i didn't think the rs came with abs? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

sounds like it could be a warped rotor also make sure your wheel lug nuts are all tight.<P>as far as i know, abs was an option only for the 92-93 GS and standard on the 94 GS and an option on the 94+ RS models. correct me if I'm wrong. :roll:
Swego

Post by Swego »

You don`t necessarily have to change your rotors: you can have them turned if their not to worn-out(it's cheaper!).
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

if you get ne rotor get the powerstop crossdriled ones, crossdrilling really isnt nessasary unless you race but it will set your wheels off and make them look better. the only thing ive noticed that sux about them is when its snowing or raining really hard they tend to get water/ice inside the holes and if you drive for a long period of time in these conditions you better not be prepared to stop real fast, then again you shouldnt be driing your mx in those conditions. the work excelent in warm weather though, so if your not affraid to spend some money and don live at the south pole, try them out :D
too much s--- to list!
Swego

Post by Swego »

How much for the Powerstop?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I also suggest you look at the rear brakes too. typically if the front rotors are warped vibration can be felt in the steering wheel whereas if the vibration occers in the rear its more evident in the brake pedal particualry with drum braks.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

look into the ractive rotars, they are slotted and cross drilled and look great. They were just relesed a few weeks ago and the rear rotars should be ready soon.
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

i think i payed abut $100 each for the powerstops
too much s--- to list!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”