hold light flashing

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
spllogics

hold light flashing

Post by spllogics »

I just bought a 92 mx-3 and the hold light keeps flashing , can anyone tell me what this means , thanks ... <BR> Jason [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
dam2009

Re: hold light flashing

Post by dam2009 »

HOLD light? hand brake light? (!) is that what you mean? if thats it it means that you're low on your brake fluid,,, if its something else...... whats hold light?
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

DAMN DAM you got me too I dont know what a hold light is, but you brought up a problem that I haven't had a chance to address. My seatbelt keeps beeping at me like its not on. I sit in a normal arangment. not real low nor eating dash. well If I lean just a bit forward from this position my alarm for my seat belt goes off and it very anoying especialy with a lady in the car tryin to have a good time and your car keeps beeping at you
spllogics

Post by spllogics »

no its the hold light , i have a automatice, i dont think the hold light is in a straight drive , but if anyone knows what this problem is please help , thanks guy .
ras

Post by ras »

I'm going thru the same problem right now, and all I can say is that my car has been sitting at the transmission shop for a 2 weeks now. I was first told it was a speed sensor problem. Bull. The car still does not go into drive when I start out from a stand still. Also the car bucks when I come to a light, and the hold light flashes only when i'm standing still. The trans place told me I will be getting a new trans nowbecause they can't figure out the problem with this one. It's a good thing I still have a warrenty or else this would be about $1000 to fix.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

1000 to replace a tranny??? good lord where do you shop?<P>I've heard its more like 3-4000. I dont see it worth it.<P>Thank your stars for the warranty :)<P>When the hold light flashes that means your tranny is reporting errors to the cpu. Take it to the shop and have the diagnos the prob before something happens. DONT WAIT<p>[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Pope52

Post by Pope52 »

If u guys wanna know what the hold light is...its in the owners manual. If you're too lazy to go look. What is pretty much is: Auto trannys, if u press the hold button, it dosent allow the car to automatically switch gears. For example, if you're in second gear and hit the hold button, it wont go into third or first. I guess its for like bad weather and hills and stuff. More info in the manual though. It might be flashing cause you have a bad wire connection, dont go out buyin a new tranny yet.
spllogics

Post by spllogics »

Thanks guys for all the post. maybe it is just a bad connection im going to have a guy check it out next week , again thanks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”