exchaust

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
dam2009

exchaust

Post by dam2009 »

i'm going to put hight perf. exchaust into my mx-3 2.25in . its made by Ravin' does anybody has that brand or know anything about it?
Brainless

Re: exchaust

Post by Brainless »

Isn't that the cheap stuff they sell at midas?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

did you hear about that?
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Well I haven't seen any car w/ it but performance muffler they sell at place like that aren't always quality.<P>Check this out, I got the one on far right. It a nice quality for the price.<BR>https://www.olyonline.com/Xmas.htm<BR>The only minor problem is the fitting. Mine had to be install in angle.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

Ravin is very high quality in deed... and those bastard arent cheap either.. they;re great exhausts good choice
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Sorry about misleading you. :(
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
mr.4 cylinder

Post by mr.4 cylinder »

hey just to let you know exhaust systems are like anything else, your payin for the name . a pipe is a pipe and anyone can make a performance muffler, just make sure when you get your 2.25 pipes , that you get stainless steel instead of galvonized aluminum! steel lasts way longer. and while we are on the subject , if your gonna get a performance exhaust system ,just know that that alone isnt a good boost of horse power,you need to get a performance air filter or a headers or full air intake to really see a difference! cause if your car isnt pullin in more air into your engine,how's it gonna push out more air for power. :D :D
spllogics

Post by spllogics »

sence where on exhaust system here , i want a cat-back , anyone know the best place to order one?
Pope52

Post by Pope52 »

B

Post by B »

how much power imporvemnt will you get from an full intake and performance muffler and how much $ are you looking at?
B

Post by B »

<p>[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: B ]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr.4 cylinder:<BR><STRONG>hey just to let you know exhaust systems are like anything else, your payin for the name . a pipe is a pipe and anyone can make a performance muffler, just make sure when you get your 2.25 pipes , that you get stainless steel instead of galvonized aluminum! steel lasts way longer. and while we are on the subject , if your gonna get a performance exhaust system ,just know that that alone isnt a good boost of horse power,you need to get a performance air filter or a headers or full air intake to really see a difference! cause if your car isnt pullin in more air into your engine,how's it gonna push out more air for power. :D :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>2.25" is FAR too big for a 1.6L NA engine. You will kill your low-end power, and only see a slight increase only at the top of the rpm band. 2.0" is still on the big side, but its a lot better than 2.25", not to mention cheaper.<P>The cat-back will not help as much as getting all three (intake, header, and exhaust), but it will help. The way a cat-back makes hp is by letting the engine exhale better and easier. Thinking about breathing through a straw. Even if you have to inhale through the straw, if you could exhale normally, it would be easier to breath.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
south paw 42

Post by south paw 42 »

<A HREF="http://www.spiderautomotive.com" TARGET=_blank>www.spiderautomotive.com</A> has cat back exhaust for mx-3's that are inexpensive
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr.4 cylinder:<BR><STRONG>hey just to let you know exhaust systems are like anything else, your payin for the name . a pipe is a pipe and anyone can make a performance muffler, just make sure when you get your 2.25 pipes , that you get stainless steel instead of galvonized aluminum! steel lasts way longer. and while we are on the subject , if your gonna get a performance exhaust system ,just know that that alone isnt a good boost of horse power,you need to get a performance air filter or a headers or full air intake to really see a difference! cause if your car isnt pullin in more air into your engine,how's it gonna push out more air for power. :D :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that is VERY true...a muffler is a muffler....the only difference you're paying for is name brand, looks, and sound.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”