Help!!!!!!!!!! can't shift

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Marlon

Help!!!!!!!!!! can't shift

Post by Marlon »

i was driving home today and i went to put the car in secound tried over and over again<BR>then tried 4th won't got in and it won't go in reverse too???<BR>i have a 93 rs <BR>i drove the car 4 30 min beforeit happened and everything seemed fine<P>when i try to put it into gear it won't budge<BR>help please<BR> :mad: :mad: :mad:
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
OsoSlo z28

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!! can't shift

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

will it go into gear when the car is off?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

nope
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

ok so it wont go into any gear right but your stuck in one of the gears right.....if this is the case your shifter linkage broke! i had this happen to me when i was headed to newmarket i was in 4th and went to shift into 5th but it wouldnt go the shifter seemed to be free to go in any direction.....so i had to drive from the 401 to the 404 all the way to mt albert in 4th...when i got there i jacked up the car and the shift linkage at the transmision had come apart the bolt fell out....just got a new one and problem solved.......
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>ok so it wont go into any gear right but your stuck in one of the gears right.....if this is the case your shifter linkage broke! i had this happen to me when i was headed to newmarket i was in 4th and went to shift into 5th but it wouldnt go the shifter seemed to be free to go in any direction.....so i had to drive from the 401 to the 404 all the way to mt albert in 4th...when i got there i jacked up the car and the shift linkage at the transmision had come apart the bolt fell out....just got a new one and problem solved.......</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i can still put it in 1st 3rd and 5th<BR>just not 2nd 4th and reverse<BR>think it's the same thing?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

oh Sh!t i have no clue than sorry!!!!
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

any1 eles have an idea?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
jeepdave

Post by jeepdave »

sounds like you lost a syncroniser
SLOW AND THE PISSED OFF<BR>(Take that Fast and the Furious)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeepdave:<BR><STRONG>sounds like you lost a syncroniser</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>can anyone conform this <BR>and r the syncronisers in my tranny??<BR>how much to fix<p>[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Marlon ]
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

personnally that sounds like the clutch to me. blew one out in a truck it did the same thing. the only reason i could even drive it period was i noticed it right away and smelled it. when i took the clutch appart the s--- looked like cotton candy. did you smell anything? if this is the clutch youll notice that pretty soon... if the car moves... when you shift to another gear the rpms wont drop. hope i helped. cant say thats what it is for sure just by the sound of things thats what i get.
too much s--- to list!
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>personnally that sounds like the clutch to me. blew one out in a truck it did the same thing. the only reason i could even drive................cant say thats what it is for sure just by the sound of things thats what i get.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i didn't smell anything and i can still drive with it fine in 1st 3nd and 5th so why wouldn't i be able to put it in the other gears if the clutch was gone?<P>and i don't think it's the syncronisers cause i don't think reverse is syncronised so if it was that i could still b able to put it reverse but i cant
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

the exact same thing happened to me. i had 1st 3rd and 5th for like 250miles. then when it got bad i lost them all. i was shifting in to 5th my rpms were like 6grand and i was going maybe at the most 10mph. let soemone you know who dirives stick and has ruined a clutch drive it. they will be able to tell you right away.
too much s--- to list!
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>the exact same thing happened to me. i had 1st 3rd and 5th for like 250miles. then when it got bad i lost them all. i was shifting in to 5th my rpms were like 6grand and i was going maybe at the most 10mph. let soemone you know who dirives stick and has ruined a clutch drive it. they will be able to tell you right away.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thanks man guess i gotta get a new clutch
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”