intake....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
shorty

intake....

Post by shorty »

ok i was wondering if there was an easy way to get around the air flow sensor in my 1.6L SOHC so i dont have to have that godly looking thing in with my engine <P>something that is reasonably cheap hopefully....
well project BP is just starting
Shoalinfist

Re: intake....

Post by Shoalinfist »

I'm not a car wiz but from what I know you can't get around it cause you have to have it. Try relocating it on your intake to a better looking spot.
heavyfreak

Post by heavyfreak »

yeah there is, theres a peice you gotta get from a performance shop its a steel backet that has a round hole thats extends out.. its screws on the end of your airflow sensor.. (take out all the plastic crap. ) and then your air intake slips on the extention.. and you put the tighting clip to hold it on.. but if anyone out theres knows how to get rid of the sensor let me know.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

shorty was asking how to get rid of the sensor i think he already has the filter adaptor and filter....
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Hey, man there is a really easy solution to your problem you don't need a MAF adaptor just take your cone filter and get a hose clamp that fits it and tighten the sh*t out of it on the plastic lip of the MAF and then make a clamp or something to support it so it's not hanging..... or just get a PRM intake and everything is all there... It's cheaper to just use a cone filter 60 bucks cdn for a ractive with heat shield.
Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”