CV Axles

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Crazed8056

CV Axles

Post by Crazed8056 »

How difficult is it to change out the Cv axles on a '92 RS with manual transmission? <P>Thanks
heavyfreak

Re: CV Axles

Post by heavyfreak »

kinda but i'll save ya money,.. are they broke or breaking? it'll cost about 210 for them but you'll get 48bucks from bringin the old ones back in.. you gotta take one tire off..<BR>take off the breaks and rotor. and you see a bold in the center.. its been put on probably with a impact wrinch and theres a place were its been hit in to a groove you gonnna ahve to buy a big wrinch .. i forget the size.. 11/6 i think.. not sure.. and put a monkey wrinch on the acle.. and tighted it.. to where it'll hit the frame and hold it.. then pretty much pop your foot on the wrich on the bold and hoply i'll come off.. ones it comes off,.. you see two bolds (at school tryin to remember.) your gonna take the bolds the the main part of the front theres two.. right above the axle.. and i'll pull out a little,. then pull the cv axle out.. and put the new one in.. and do with the other side.. i find it it if you can get the bold off this way take a crow bar prop it so it won't spin (if it does) take your wrinch and a pipe put the pipe on the end of the wrinch and pull. when you put the on take a screw drive and indent the slot on the bold.. also when your tighting them.. push on the wrinch with your foot hard.. remember unless you ahve an impact wrinch its gonna be hard. oh yeah don t'get cv joints get cv axles there cheeper and easyer.
heavyfreak

Re: CV Axles

Post by heavyfreak »

bolds is bolts.. also you may have to pop them out form under .. if you dod becarefull theres a gasket right on the inside and if its damages it'll leak.. its not hard.. after you do it for 8 hours tryin to figure out how to do it.. i recomend tryin.. but havin sumone with big muscles on call.. lol

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”