1.6/93mx3 sons car

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
beechboy71

1.6/93mx3 sons car

Post by beechboy71 »

Hello: My son has mx3 1.6 that he has fixed up on his own. the trouble is he put a chrome intake and left the clamps off and sucked air and burnt a valve. so I am goin to tear it down (Head only)do valve job and have leap frog cam it. My problem, I can't find a header,Frog said maybe but turned out they can't. Please let me know where and possible part # and whats a fair price. Thanks chris
maldo

Re: 1.6/93mx3 sons car

Post by maldo »

If by leap frog your are talking about Gude, stay away. The quality of work they do is crap. As far as a header, I think Corksport is carrying one made by Hurricane.
beechboy71

Post by beechboy71 »

Chris: was wondering if you had problems with Gude or do the people on this site just know better than to mess with this company. Is there another source to get a cam or grind one for me? And Corksport can get a header (hurricane)2 1/2 months from now. Do you no of any other sources for performance parts that you recommend? Thanks Chris
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

So Chris, you wanna be my Dad? I'll trade... straight up... my dad knows where to put the gas and the buck stops there...haha.<P>Anyhow, as far as the header goes, you'll have to wait unless you want one thrown together at a muffler or performance shop. You won't find one anywhere else(than Corksport). Trust me, I have spent tireless hours searching. I've heard rumors of the Skunk2 having Cams the will fit the RS from the 1.6 Miatas... but i'm pretty sure thats only for the 94+ models because that is when the MX switched to DOCH. Whew, how 'bout them run-on sentences. I also have heard bad things about Gude. Their customer service is no good, no question. Not too much to work with but there it is... all I have to offer. Best of luck.
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”