?? steps to swap a BPT into a 1.6 SOCH... any1 knows??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
longisland55

?? steps to swap a BPT into a 1.6 SOCH... any1 knows??

Post by longisland55 »

i'm working 2 jobs to save money and get a bpt engine for next summer, but i need to know exactly what to do to make it fit under my hood, which has a 1.6 SOCH... what kind of modifications need to be done??
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: ?? steps to swap a BPT into a 1.6 SOCH... any1 knows??

Post by Shady469 »

if you search around on here there are quit a few discussions on this but for the most part it goes like this:<BR>everything pretty much bolts up but it would help to get a protege lx ecu, injectors, and tranny. 2nd generation rx-7 fuel pump would help. an A'pexi boost controller, gauges, and other things of the sort. Again most of these things would just help ease the strain on your car. oh yeah and a BOV is always nice! <BR>I too will be doin this swap this summer (hopefully) so i'm trying to get as much money and info as possible. Good luck.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Well, here are the things that you will need. <BR>1. Mazda BPT GTX/GTR Engine (GTR Preferable) <BR>1a. Good ball bearing turbo (I am using T05) <BR>2. Gearbox from 1.8L DOHC Protege (Prepared to blow 1 or 2 of this) <BR>3. Custom C.V joint and drive shaft (Need to be strong) <BR>4. Custom intercooler (As large as possible) <BR>5. Custom stainless extractor with 3" mendral bend exhaust system <BR>6. Wolf 3D ECU (It has wiring harness for this engine) <BR>7. Electronic boost controller (HKS, Apexi, Greedy) <BR>8. Boost, A/F, Water Temp. gauges <BR>9. Heavy duty clutch <BR>10. Brake enhancement (At least pads and crossed rotor for F&R) <BR>11. Custom radiator (I cannot find anything 2nd hand fits) <BR>12. Custom Oil and Air seperator <BR>13. Custom Water overflow tank <BR>14. Good dyno for tuning <BR>15. A lot of spare time and money!!!
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Gah just make it sound complicated enough to turn people off of the idea... =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
longisland55

Post by longisland55 »

thanks for the advise. i've been trying to find a place to get the BPT, but i got a place that has, i think for what they say a B6T... my question again is: is that a good engine? strong enough to upgrade it at max? if i get that engine would i be able to swap it into my old 1.6 soch?? how many horses will i be getting? :( but i want the bpt really bad! anyway.......
maldo

Post by maldo »

I have the B6T in place of my sohc and it is a great upgrade. I already maxed out one set of injectors so it is now time to swap in the 330cc ones that I have sitting around. The 230cc were Derrick's idea but are not able to keep up at 14psi. The 230cc can handle 184hp, this translates to 150-155whp. Not bad considering the motor is stock except for minimal upgrades. I have seen some B6T motors around the 300whp. I would have to say that it is a good upgrade for the money. I did all the work myself and spent around $3000+ CDN. I went from around the 66whp with the sohc to 150whp with the b6t. Considering what I have done, 200whp is going to be easy.
Turboge

Post by Turboge »

If you need 1.8L GTX Motors I can supply them. I am located in Southern California and ship freight in the 48 states. Canada is extra.
Braden
"The Original Turboge"
http://barelylegaltransplants.com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”