cam shaft

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
heattreated

cam shaft

Post by heattreated »

hey does anyone know hwere i can get camshaft for my I4 DOCH stock engine?
to all civics "want to race?"
pakix2000

Re: cam shaft

Post by pakix2000 »

corksport, HKS (miata) and Toda (miata)<P>remember a miata's intake cam is ure exhaust cam<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jon17:<BR><STRONG>hey does anyone know hwere i can get camshaft for my I4 DOCH stock engine?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

what about the SOHC? what cam shaft will work with that?
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shady469:<BR><STRONG>what about the SOHC? what cam shaft will work with that?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Say hello to Mr. Custom
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

has anyone actually put one in??? Any hp and performance difference?
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

I talked to Derrick at Corksport and they are working with a company to make camshafts for the SOHC. For aftermarket camshaft's in general on perforemance I know i guy that had a Skunk 2 camshaft in his CRX Si and it made it quick enough that people swore up and down that he either had nitrous or a turbo. For mazda i don't know...<BR>I'll try and let you guys know about the SOHC cams from Corksport as soon as i find out.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

how about some cam shafts for the dohc, i hear things about miata and what not but need really answers!!

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jon17:<BR><STRONG>hey does anyone know hwere i can get camshaft for my I4 DOCH stock engine?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>hmmm.......since you have a DOHC seems as you would need "Camshafts" and Not "camshaft". oh and by the way what the hell is DOCH....is that some mx3 language that i dont know about?<P>oh.......and im pretty sure that most civic's out there would beat your sorry little excuse for a car. get a real car........oh and i have a friend that uses a KA24DE camshaft to beat people......i think you should be beaten :D

Post by Guest »

he I realize that the DOCH was a typeo BUT IMO I think you are wasting your money trying to build your motor or what ever your trying to do. the fastest mx-3 is a RWD Rotary powered beast running 7's last time I checked so hey a motor swap sounds like a good deal<P>LAter
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobbyBob:<BR><STRONG>oh and i have a friend that uses a KA24DE camshaft to beat people......i think you should be beaten :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just one of the camshafts? That's a DOHC camshaft for a 2.4L Multiport Fuel Injection NISSAN, typically found in a 91-98 240SX, Altima, Frontier, or Xterra....<P>I assume since you say only one camshaft he's actually physically beating them... ;-)<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

sorry DOCH was a typo. DOHC I mean, well engine B6T is comming soon but in the mean time I just want to do something to keep me busy.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

dude your smoking some pretty good s#!T if you truly belive that!!!!! my boss has a s#!tload of mods to his car, some im not gonna name but he is running upwards of 185 at the wheels. its a 98 not even an si, and if you think out measly 88 horsies could hang with that than take another hit and pass it on!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING :eek: :eek:
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

sorry i dont mean to be rude, its just that you have to be a little realistic a 1.6 mx would never be able to hang with a boosted civic. just face it the reason you were hanging is that he was probably toying with you...again i dont mean to be rude

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”