Guys in the Toronto Area!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
DVH

Guys in the Toronto Area!

Post by DVH »

Hey fellow mxer's!<P>Just wondering if anyone knows any body in the TOronto area that does engine swaps for a good price? any kind of body shops or something of that nature?<P>And i'll check about the gauges tomorrow (the rainbow gauges) sorry , i totally gapped!<P>Thanx guys ;)
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Rich MX3

Re: Guys in the Toronto Area!

Post by Rich MX3 »

I would recommend a tranny swap first (auto to manual). It'll be 1-2 seconds faster going 0-60. It would work with the auto but nobody has ever done it (auto ZE). I don't know if the auto transmission on the MX3 is any different than the auto that comes attached to the ZE. The MX-3 auto transmissions haven't been the best for reliability to start with, adding 50% more power may lead to problems. Just my opinion.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
DVH

Post by DVH »

True, <BR>but i just want to know if there are any places around TORonto that do that sh*t? and would i have to use a MX-3 5 speed tranny, or another?<P>thanx for the help :roll:
Car Domain Web page MX-3
DVH

Post by DVH »

check my page , not the registry for mods done, the registry is old.......im not doin the ZE swap anymore(waste of time and very expensive) im now doin the BPT or the B6T swap now, do i still need a new tranny or same one? and if i did, would it have to be a mx-3 5 speed tranny or???<P>sorry about the confusion! later :eek:
Car Domain Web page MX-3
DVH

Post by DVH »

jeff, thanx!<BR>went there though and didn't find much info??? where are they located? <BR>if anyone else in the Toronto area knows of a place that does does engine swaps, let me know.<BR>also like to know the answer to that question in the early post i asked, later thanx! :)
Car Domain Web page MX-3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”