spirralmax=bad idea

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
david103

spirralmax=bad idea

Post by david103 »

if youre familiar with the company that makes spiralmax you read that it can increase hp by 35% AND gas mileage. i spent the $65 and was SOOOOO disappointed. gas mileage was unaffected and if there was a hp gain, i didn't notice. so just a precaution, don't waste your money like i did. (i think its meant for big displacement/high output engines.)<P>dave
david103

Re: spirralmax=bad idea

Post by david103 »

and if youre wondering what the hell it is:<P>its a little metal piece that you stick in the intake pipe. its a collar shape with angled flanges coming off of it that are meant to "spiral" the air coming in.
david103

Post by david103 »

nah, i don't wanna sell it. thanks though<P>dave
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Don't waste your money on either one of them. They don't affect gas mileage, and you'd lose HP and torque before you gained any.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

all it does it disrupt your airflow, hmm that would make me think u'd lose a s--- load of power
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
david103

Post by david103 »

it does not just disrupt the airflow. air naturally has a very erratic movement and the spiralmax gives the incoming air a defined path to go. its the same idea behind the swirling of toilet water when you flush. there definitely wasnt' a loss of horsepower, but also none to be heard of either.<P>dave
simon

Post by simon »

My friend has a tornado for his miata and he said that at first he didnt notice any power but eventually he said he gained alot.
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

he was lying like johnnie cochrane when he got OJ off of a double murder.
<A HREF="http://www.hondaswap.com" TARGET=_blank>hondaswap.com</A>
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

it becomes erratic as soon as it enter the intake manifold<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daverman:<BR><STRONG>it does not just disrupt the airflow. air naturally has a very erratic movement and the spiralmax gives the incoming air a defined path to go. its the same idea behind the swirling of toilet water when you flush. there definitely wasnt' a loss of horsepower, but also none to be heard of either.<P>dave</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

its a waste of money, and totally useless.....you want to expiriement, cut up a soda can.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”