Performance camshafts???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Zetgohan

Performance camshafts???

Post by Zetgohan »

My engine has a lifter tick and to fix this i will need to replace the camshaft....<BR>BUT! i don't want to put in just any normal camshaft, are there any performance or aftermarket cams that i could use cuz i can't seem to locate any?
boostedmx

Re: Performance camshafts???

Post by boostedmx »

Corksport sells them and overboost.com has some also.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
david103

Post by david103 »

the best you could get would probably be toda or hks. those are both for the 4-cyl dohc. theyre expensive, but very well worth every penny. its not specifically for the mx-3, but the old miata and newer mx-3's share the same engine. so buy them for a 1.6L miata<P>dave
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

remember a miata's intake cam is your exhaust cam!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daverman:<BR><STRONG>the best you could get would probably be toda or hks. those are both for the 4-cyl dohc. theyre expensive, but very well worth every penny. its not specifically for the mx-3, but the old miata and newer mx-3's share the same engine. so buy them for a 1.6L miata<P>dave</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Zetgohan

Post by Zetgohan »

I have a 4L sohc 92 mx-3.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Than your SOL! Might want to check some of the specs on the 1.6l 323 SOHC motor, not sure if the cam is different or not. You might be able to pick up some horse that way. Not many options other than swapping a B6T in! ;)
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

Your better off getting a regrind from crower. they do it for cheap($100) and claim that the hardfacing is harder than factory. paeco automotive does the same.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

AS FAR AS DOHC IS CONCERNED<BR>Jun also carrys cams for 1.6l mazda miata !!!<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>Your better off getting a regrind from crower. they do it for cheap($100) and claim that the hardfacing is harder than factory. paeco automotive does the same.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”