$2200 to spend

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
natural born honda killer

$2200 to spend

Post by natural born honda killer »

i have 2200 from insurance and was wondering what should I use it for? im thinking the BPT since derrick at corksport quoted me about 2000 for the engine, tranny, motor mounts and brackets plus shipping included in that. i know of a guy that will install everything for about 600. and since christmas AND my birthday are right around the corner plus income tax return do you think that would be a good option to go?<P><BR>any advice is welcome and appreciated!!!]<P>jerome
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
p00onU

Re: $2200 to spend

Post by p00onU »

For that kind of money, your best bet is the B6T, you will see about a difference of 40 horsepower.... good luck homie
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

motor mounts? for the bpt? when you say tranny...is that the protege tranny? just remember, you still need other items....<P>rx-7 fuel pump<BR>clutch/flywheel/driveshafts<BR>boost gauge<BR>air/fuel gauge<BR>bpt ecu/harness<BR>intercooler<P>but i'd say go with the bpt if can get the rest of the stuff.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

the tranny is from the 90-94 protege DOHC. yeah i know im gonna need some more stuff. i can always find a fuel pump out of an rx-7 in a junk yard. i plan on just keepin the stock clutch/flywheel and i also can find some axles from the 90-94 prtoege DOHC. derrick said that i can just use the stock intercooler, also im gonna get something like the super apexi a.f.c, and eventually get my ecu reprogrammed, and a turbo timer.<P><BR>im hoping that this wont take as long as chris maldos b6t took. and not to dis on him if he did but didnt he do the swap himself? im just not good enough to do stuff like that so im getting someone else to do it. hes done a couple of mx-6 so hes figuring it should SOMEWHAT be the same. crossing anything and everything that can be crossed.<P>jerome
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you get the stock intercooler, you will have to buy a smaller radiator. and as far as getting your ecu reprogrammed...why? you will save money by getting the ecu from the gtx. if cork sport doesn't have one, adelaide jap dismantlers do. if you get the protege tranny, you "will" have to get the protege clutch and flywheel(corksport has a lightened one)
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

well if corksport can get me the ecu i will but wont the mating the wiring be really hard? i was just planning on using the stock clutch and flywheel that came with it if it did come with it.<P>jerome
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
maldo

Post by maldo »

Don't worry man, not offended at all. I did do the swap myself, it only took so long because of little delays. You will find that the little things take the longest time. That and the fact that Derrick took over a month to send me my parts. <P>It was mentioned earlier about getting a smaller radiator, be careful on that one. I wouldn't bother. If you remove the bumper cover, you can cut large holes in some metal in the fender wells. I ran my i/c pipes through here. Another problem is the GTX ecu is old technology, I guess that is depending on whether or not it is the B6T or BPT you are talking about. The B6T ecu is not worth using. The j-spec ecu for the BPT if you can find it is good but costly, The protege LX ecu would be a good alternative.<P>My car is finally running. The motor sounds strong, doing some basic tuning this week before I go and drive it hard.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i agree with the b6t ecu issue. it's not worth the time to install it. but the bpt ecu is the way to go. you can use your s-afc money to get the ecu. you won't have a problem with air/fuel mixtures. i'm not sure how much it is seperate but the motor package from adelaide came with the GT-R motor, ecu, harness, and sensors for 1900(us) shipped. as far as the radiator, that's just what i was told. i'm not sure about that one. i doubt the tranny will come with a clutch and flywheel. if it does, cool. even so, your clutch will start to slip soon. that's a little over 50hp right off the bat. with a bigger exhaust and better intake...well, you know.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

The b6t is a very good swap. but doesnt yield the horsepower I would want to spend a couple grand on and a handful of weekends installing. not to mention the handful of problems if you do it yourself! There are many options when it comes to getting more horsepower. NOS has come a long way and can provide you with safe reliable power at the touch of a button-- and the drivability isnt disturbed. <BR> --and if you dont want the hassle of filling the bottle you can always get or fabricate a turbo kit. both these items alone will cut your costs in half and put out more than the b6t will. <BR> there is a turbo manifold, turbo and down pipe for a dohc 1.6l 4cyl mx3 on ebay now---cheap(hehehe) hope this helps
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”