The B6T is alive!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
maldo

Re: The B6T is alive!!

Post by maldo »

I did use a Protege LX ecu from the same model year as my MX-3.<P>Shey, <BR>From what I know the ratio is 7.9:1 on NA motors, might be higher for j-spec or euro. I figured I would bump it up a bit down the road. I mean way down the road. This is after I get some cams (TODA 304s are looking nice!), HKS GT T3/T04E, GT i/c, etc. etc.<P>You should see me christmas list!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

what are you using to provide more fuel?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

Hehehehhehe, I know exactly what you mean about the christmas list! I have mine planned for the next 5 years :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>I did use a Protege LX ecu from the same model year as my MX-3.<P>Shey, <BR>From what I know the ratio is 7.9:1 on NA motors, might be higher for j-spec or euro. I figured I would bump it up a bit down the road. I mean way down the road. This is after I get some cams (TODA 304s are looking nice!), HKS GT T3/T04E, GT i/c, etc. etc.<P>You should see me christmas list!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
maldo

Post by maldo »

Very nice list Shey!<P>The fueling will be managed more than likely by 500-600cc injectors, SX FPR, and a 255lph pump. Right now with the current setup I have 320cc injectors, rewired stock pump and soon to have the SX FPR. Runs good at this point.
renef

Post by renef »

Hey speaking of ECU's and injectors, help me out here:<P>I need to upgrade my injectors for my Turbo Project (http://www.fbassociates.com/mx3). Do you have any specific brands/models/part numbers?<P>Are there any Madza ECU's that would improve the engine performance? I would rather try that option before jumping into an APEX or HKS unit.
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

For injectors what size do you want?<P>You can get 400cc injector from th DSM guys at<BR>thepartstrader.com for 40 bucks :o)<P>I can't help to much, I would avoid using the stock mx-3 ecu, or any OBDII ecu's, rather any 94+ecu. Even with fuel controllers these things are limited in their programing. It all depends on how much power you are trying to make. Is you care going to be daily driven?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by renef:<BR><STRONG>Hey speaking of ECU's and injectors, help me out here:<P>I need to upgrade my injectors for my Turbo Project (http://www.fbassociates.com/mx3). Do you have any specific brands/models/part numbers?<P>Are there any Madza ECU's that would improve the engine performance? I would rather try that option before jumping into an APEX or HKS unit.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
maldo

Post by maldo »

I am using Protege LX injectors which are somewhere around 320cc. The only thing that you need to be carefull about is matching the impedance to the ecu.<P>I didn't go stand alone or with piggy backs as of yet. I am using a Protege LX ecu from the same model year as my MX-3. The ecu just plugs in.<P>A stand alone will offer you more precise tuning but at a higher cost. The thing to consider though is if you buy a S-AFC and AVC-R you have already hit about $900. throw in a turbo timer and you have $1000. You can get most ems systems for about $1100. Keep in mind though that if you don't have a laptop the ems shouldn't be considered because now you have another added expense. I like the idea of a stand alone but I also can't afford one yet and the Apex'i units are extremely good.
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

Apex AVCR is a very expensive very unecssary (in most cases) piece of equipment. I don't think many people can justify a 400 dollar boost controller, a nice apex combo would be<P>Apex AFC & Apex ITC (ignition timing)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>I am using Protege LX injectors which are somewhere around 320cc. The only thing that you need to be carefull about is matching the impedance to the ecu.<P>I didn't go stand alone or with piggy backs as of yet. I am using a Protege LX ecu from the same model year as my MX-3. The ecu just plugs in.<P>A stand alone will offer you more precise tuning but at a higher cost. The thing to consider though is if you buy a S-AFC and AVC-R you have already hit about $900. throw in a turbo timer and you have $1000. You can get most ems systems for about $1100. Keep in mind though that if you don't have a laptop the ems shouldn't be considered because now you have another added expense. I like the idea of a stand alone but I also can't afford one yet and the Apex'i units are extremely good.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

what are the measurements of your fmic?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

It is the stock GTX intercooler. Maybe about 12"x18". Small, but it will do until I can upgrade to a Skyline GTR version.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

where and how did you mount it and did it come with the piping or did you have to make them yourself?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

I chopped the curved end tanks off and made them straight pieces. I welded 2.25" mandrel bends to make my pipes.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”