Screwed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
fuzzpimp

Screwed

Post by fuzzpimp »

OK i feel like a dumbass. I was trying to fix an oil leak on my valve cover, so last night I took it off and doused it with some permatex, then snugged it on. I woke up this morning to tighten it, and SNAP. I am so pissed right now. Its going to leak even worse. :mad:
OsoSlo z28

Re: Screwed

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

damn bro, sorry to hear that. try taking the valve cover back off. there should be some of the bolt sticking up. you some vicegrips to get it out. go to the junk yard and tell them you need another bolt. hope this helps.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
fuzzpimp

Post by fuzzpimp »

Looks like it broke off almost flush, but the bolts stick out the bottom, I might try to get it like that, theres a bunch of other stuff in the way.<BR>Like I said before, I should just save up some dough, go to canada (a-spec), and have them drop in a 2.5.<BR>Quik question, whats faster a mx-3 swapped w/a 2.5 or say an RX-7??
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you're talking about a v6 swap into a 4cyl...not recommended. about the rx-7...are talking about dropping in the motor(need lots and lots of money) or buying the car? either way, the rx-7 is faster.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

You might try an Easy Out (I think that is what it is called). It is pretty much like a backward threaded screw that you put into your drill. You put the drill in reverse and then drill the "Easy Out" into the broken bolt. When it reaches the end of the threads of the "Easy Out", it will start to back the broken bolt out of the hole. Check it out...much easier (and safer for your threads) than most other methods.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”