The Fastest engine to fit in my mazda?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
badger69

The Fastest engine to fit in my mazda?

Post by badger69 »

Hey,<BR>I don't know much about cars, but i have had my mx-3 for about 4 months now and i want something more. Does anyone know what is the fastest engine that i could put into my mx-3(which is a 4 cylinder), and how much this engine will cost me? Thanks for all your help.
simo711

Re: The Fastest engine to fit in my mazda?

Post by simo711 »

Well, newbie, why not do a search of the archives for KL-ZE, BPT, B6T, engines, etc...get the point. That helped me out when I had that question. Or you could browse through the registry and goto their webpages. There are about 5 or 6 of them who have done KL-ZE swaps and they have SO much info for you, more than you can get on here. Good Luck on your long journey. Chris
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

from what i've found to be the easiest and best for the money is the BPD out of the 323 gtr. it's rated between 210 and 235hp. it'll run ya just under 1900 bones for the motor, ecu, harness, and sensors. but there's a list of other stuff you'll need also.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>from what i've found to be the easiest and best for the money is the BPD out of the 323 gtr. it's rated between 210 and 235hp. it'll run ya just under 1900 bones for the motor, ecu, harness, and sensors. but there's a list of other stuff you'll need also.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>+ since the BPT is AWD it will need additionnal mods.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it will mount up to the stock tranny. the bpt/bpd tranny is awd, but the motor is not. the drive shaft has to be shaved down about a 1/2in. that's all the fabrication needed.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>it will mount up to the stock tranny. the bpt/bpd tranny is awd, but the motor is not. the drive shaft has to be shaved down about a 1/2in. that's all the fabrication needed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wait a minute! You're saying that both engine are AWD. What tranny will I need if I want to keep FWD?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”