apex

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bayoumx-3

apex

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I've always heard that increasing your ignition timing will increase horsepower but the computers in our cars won't let us do it. so i found a Apex super (itc)or ignition timing controller and that did a pretty good job I've noticed alot quicker response in low rpms. just thought I would share the info.
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: apex

Post by cjthor »

Hey man,<BR> What is the year and engine of your car? Can you also retard the timing and how hard was it to install?? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bayoumx-3:<BR><STRONG>I've always heard that increasing your ignition timing will increase horsepower but the computers in our cars won't let us do it. so i found a Apex super (itc)or ignition timing controller and that did a pretty good job I've noticed alot quicker response in low rpms. just thought I would share the info.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I have a 92 mx-3 with the 1.6 sohc. the controller has 5 knobs so you can increse each rpm range the first knob has 800 rpm onit the second has2400 on it the third 4000<BR>the fourth is 5600and the fifth has 7200 on it. all i know is you can turn the timing up or down on each rpm range. I had my macanic install it for me and he only charged me $50.<BR> sorry if I'm repeating myself.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Please email me with some info about where i can buy one...thanks<P>TwistedMentalz00@aol.com
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I jus tbought mine from a local performance parts store. I got mine for $200 dollars<BR>but it was on sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”