Performance Exhaust / Resonator info

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
evad

Performance Exhaust / Resonator info

Post by evad »

I just had a Ravin' Exhaust system put on my '92 4cyl ... I hadn't realized just how loud these puppies are... I like the performance boost, and I do like the sound - it's just a little too loud inside the car, and I'm thinking my neighbours will start to hate me soon... I was thinking of getting a Monza Pencil-Style Exhaust Tip from JCWhitney ... has anyone used these tips? will they make much of a difference? does anyone have other suggestions? For the sound inside the car, I was thinking of some sound insulation under the carpet and in the trunk... anyone have experience with this stuff? Is it worth the effort? Any help is appreciated.<P>Dave.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Performance Exhaust / Resonator info

Post by cjthor »

Hey,<P> One word man.....Dynamat. You can get it from <A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.crutchfield.com</A> and it works great. Pull up your carpet and lay it down. It will really quiet up the place. It will also keep the exhaust heat outta the cabin.<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Amie

Post by Amie »

hey cjthor<BR>how much of the dynamat wouldja need to cover all the floor? i suppose you have to line the trunk also right?<P>thanks in advance for your help! <P>------------------<BR>Amélie<BR>1993 red RS<BR>MX-3 5 speed
Amélie<BR>1993 red RS<BR>5 speed manual
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

Lining the trunk helped me to most!
pikawel

Post by pikawel »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><B>Hey,<P> One word man.....Dynamat. You can get it from <A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.crutchfield.com</A> and it works great. Pull up your carpet and lay it down. It will really quiet up the place. It will also keep the exhaust heat outta the cabin.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's not going to solve the outside noise or the neighbors reaction to it...<P>
You obviously lack the creative genius to integrate Legos and Duplos.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”