wasting gas

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MSRACER

wasting gas

Post by MSRACER »

I have a 4cyl. sohc mx-3, uses a lot of gas. Is this normal or do I need to start checking the car? I know this car does not store a lot of gas, but I go through almost a full tank in 3 and sometimes 4 days. Any help is appreciated.<P>------------------<BR>MSarnold
Rico
Marlon

Re: wasting gas

Post by Marlon »

i do too but because i let it redline allthe way to work everyday
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

hey man,<BR>i get like 30 miles to the gallon with mods. 3 or 4 times a week fillin it up seems a bit much. but i guess it depends on drive time, traffic, and so on.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Shady MX-3<BR>92 1.6L SOHC
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
GoA-BoY

Post by GoA-BoY »

I have a `93 MX-3 automatic with the 1.6L SOHC. It was eating a bit too much gas so I sent it in for a major tune-up and things were back to normal. I'm a leadfoot so I probably get less-than-average mileage.<P>To check your fuel consumption, use the trip odometer to record the distance you can travel between fill-ups. Divide the liters/gallons it takes to fill by the kilometers/miles that you've driven since the last fill up. <BR><P>------------------<BR><B><A HREF="http://www.mp3.com/nealpinto" TARGET=_blank>¡¡LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!!</A></B>
<B><A HREF="http://www.mp3.com/nealpinto" TARGET=_blank>¡¡LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!!</A></B>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”