Mitsubishi Eclipse????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

Mitsubishi Eclipse????

Post by Shady469 »

I've heard recently that that parts for a 4 cyl. Eclipse and MX-3 are pretty much interchangable. is this true? and if so does that mean that you could get Eclipse headers for your MX-3??<BR>thanks in advance<P>------------------<BR>Shady MX-3<BR>92 1.6L SOHC
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
renef

Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse????

Post by renef »

Not quite dude.<P>The engines are not at all the same. But...<P>If you look at some of the parts, they come from the same supplier.<P>The Injectors are used when you have a turbo. The layout of both 4 cyl engines is such that it would not be hard to retrofit the turbo parts into the 1.6 mx3.<P>Compare that to the Honda engine bays, and you'll see that there are similarities. <P>I have eclipse injectors modified a tiny bit for my mx3 (O-ring sizes and connector adapted), the antenna mount is the same, the piping and intercooler fit with some mods to the bumper and fender wells.<P>There are other details, but I'm just waking up. I'll gather another listing of real stuff.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
rikymaru

Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse????

Post by rikymaru »

Hey....could the injectors and fuel pump off of a 90 Eclipse Turbo also fit our cars. Still thinking about what to do with the turbo ^_^
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”