my 4cyl is too slow

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
heatherc

my 4cyl is too slow

Post by heatherc »

okay....i don't know much about cars but i want my 92 4cyl. mx3 to go much faster...can anybody tell me where to find out about dropping a v6 into my car? can it be done, and how much $$ i'm talking about. i don't want to be some dumb a-- chic that gets ripped off...i really love my car..thanx
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
renef

Re: my 4cyl is too slow

Post by renef »

4cly to 6cyl swap it NOT recommended<P>A turbo is very doable on the existing engine. It can hold another 60Hp easy.<P>Get a 4 cyl turbo engine and bolt it up<P>or... For about $450 you can give yourself a cheap thrill with a 10 pound NOS bottle.<P>you can label the button "Press here in case of emergency"...<P>Go for the turbo babe. You won't regret it. Ever. Ask anyone on this page or anywhere on the internet.<P>RF<BR>
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

okay great ..so now i can do either the turbo or..what was that.$450 for a cheap thrill? what exactly is a 10 pound nose bottle and what does it do? (just so i don't look like an idiot asking)<P>thanx so much-<BR>hgc
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
fuzzpimp

Post by fuzzpimp »

There is a shop in Toronto that will do a 6cyl swap for like 3000$$ to a 2.5L, cant remeber the web site address, but the number is<BR>(310)746-1540 x5363 (voicemail/fax)
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fuzzpimp:<BR><B>There is a shop in Toronto that will do a 6cyl swap for like 3000$$ to a 2.5L, cant remeber the web site address, but the number is<BR>(310)746-1540 x5363 (voicemail/fax)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>thanx so much..though toronto is a little far for me....3000$ dosen't seem like much money for that...is that a new engine or used?<P>
fuzzpimp

Post by fuzzpimp »

I live in Virginia, when I sent an email to the shop they said the engine was a KL-ZE, Im not sure if it is refurbished or not I'm gonna find the web-site again, I found it before from surfing around this site but now I'm having troubles finding it.<BR>If you want to know about what they got I would call the number.<BR>N E WAYZ it does sound like I good deal, I plan on doing it when I get enough money and Paid-Vacation saved up.<BR>E-mail me at <BR>andrew.wilson4@baesystems.com<BR>CHicks who like fast cars kick-a-- (I hope your a chick or else Im going feel stupid, but hey if your not I can edit this later)
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

no need to worry..i am a chick.......and i do like fast cars...now isn't there anywhere closer to home where i can get this done? see, money isn't the problem for me...it's axcess to the people who have the knowledge...i do have one friend who works on american cars...dunno about mazdas<P>hgcmx3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”