323 GTX Turbo engine swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Big_Ed

323 GTX Turbo engine swap

Post by Big_Ed »

I am looking into putting a 323 gtx turbo engine in place of my 1.6L but first i want some information on this mod. Has anyone on this site ever done a 323 swap, if so email me with the specifics on how to's and differentials in fit, if not, has anyone heard if it is fairly easy? will it fit well? and around how much should i expect to pay?<P>Big_Ed<BR>94 Blaze Red RS<BR>sokokis_94@hotmail.com
renef

Re: 323 GTX Turbo engine swap

Post by renef »

Dude,<P>you have to talk to Derrick at <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> <P>The rest is up to you. No fear. Just commit to the project and you'll get it going.<P>That's how we were making mods before bolt-ons were invented.<P>remember, it's just an engine...
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
maldo

Re: 323 GTX Turbo engine swap

Post by maldo »

I have the B6T in my car. The swap is not as easy as people make it out to be. You need the following:<BR>Ecu and injectors from a matching year Protege LX, intercooler, boost and A/F guages, hood scoop, hood pins, new clutch.<P>This is just a short list but it isn't the easiest to do. But when its done it will be worth it.<BR>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”