clicking noise?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: clicking noise?

Post by cjthor »

Hey... I would bet money that it was the CV joints. They are always going bad on our cars.. If you need directions on how to do it just lemme know. I have done mine myself. It takes about an hour for each side..<P> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 15.02@96.7mph
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ddmalcore

Post by ddmalcore »

mine made a clicking noise whenever i slowed down... that resulted in blowing my differential, which in turn, required me to get a whole new transmission... damn
jimboxer

Post by jimboxer »

crap. what if there is a clicking coming from the gear box and it's right in the center of the car. if you are in the passenger is sounds like its coming from the drivers side and vice versa? could that be a cv joint? Any help would be great. i really don't want to buy another tranny if its just my cv joint.<P>Jim
Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on!!
project2502

Post by project2502 »

Greetings!<BR>Here's a question for all you vetran CV joint changers out there; Where do you get your parts? I found a driver's side axle for $25 at <A HREF="http://www.mazdasurplus.com" TARGET=_blank>mazdasurplus.com</A>, but the minimum order is $2000. Any suggestions?<P>Thanks a million<BR>Byron<BR>93 GS<BR>
ed williams

Post by ed williams »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by project2502:<BR><B>Greetings!<BR>Here's a question for all you vetran CV joint changers out there; Where do you get your parts? I found a driver's side axle for $25 at <A HREF="http://www.mazdasurplus.com" TARGET=_blank>mazdasurplus.com</A>, but the minimum order is $2000. Any suggestions?<P>Thanks a million<BR>Byron<BR>93 GS</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
ed williams

Post by ed williams »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ed williams:<BR><B> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I purchased my half shafts at NAPA auto parts. They were 75.00 per side with a 50.00 core charge.<P>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”