1996 MX-3 V6 KL-ZE (new timing belt)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
King58
antispam: No

Re: 1996 MX-3 V6 KL-ZE (Update) LSD install

Post by King58 »

Oh no way, so there's 2 identical ones ahaha

94' RS Sold
94' GS Sold

96' GS PROJECT XD
Savin

Post by Savin »

Here's that 323 guy's worklog ;)
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Hey all had a ruff year, me and my car.

Have some newstuff to add to the worklog just got to find a good spot to upload my pics.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

So among having the worst year i can think of, my car decided to s--- the bed.... On a side note my best friend recently passed away, he was severely depressed and decided to commit suicide :( So it is safe to say that things are not too good...

I was on the way back from Toronto visiting my father and the timing belt snapped. Not in my entire life i have ever had this happen to me let alone hearing of such.

So I decided to repaint the valve covers with the red wrinkle paint they came out really nice. at the same time I also deided to change all the bolts and nuts to stainless steel allen head, no more rusty bolts. Did the same to the water pump, intake, valve covers, and all covers ect.... cost a few bucks... but looks nice and keeps stuff from rust.

My new Gates racing timing belt T214RB, new water pump, CDF adjustible cam gears, UD pulley, blue gates racing AC/PS belts too and last but not least steel idle pulleys that won't or at least shouldn't split.

finally almost done after 2 months of buying a part here and there and 1,200.00 almost invested got her started again. I also decided to replace all coolant pipe O-rings while it was apart and thermostat, I also took the advantage of painting all the components separately while off the engine.... I came out quite nice.

So just yesterday i started to get a bad misfire so I pulled a plug and they seemed not too bad, so i bought new cap, rotor, plugs "BKR6E11" anyway, and everything seemed go away with no more misfire.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 1996 MX-3 V6 KL-ZE (new timing belt)

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm sorry to hear about your year Barry and I'm really glad you decided to keep the car.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Though year man ....
Happy to see you're keeping the car, it's so nice and also thoughtfully tuned.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Great job on the engine work. Misfires can be a trickey problem but sounds like you got it licked first try. Tough having a friend take their life like that, easy to get help for a broken arm but not always so when it comes to mental health. My condolences.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Thanks everyone, ya it's my only car that is mobile as we speak so had to drive it this winter. :crying: I've scraped a snowbank the other day a destroyed my right half of the front lip/splitter :( so if anyone has one they are willing to let go please PM me.

I will have to take it into the shop to have some paint work done in the spring as the winter has played havoc... lol

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”